Pictures of were to place the snap air vents!!

Hi everyone!

Can someone please send a picture of a possible fitment - were you have placed the snap air vents/if you use these - or perhaps describe where it should be placed at the side window to be as useful as possible...?

Thank you 40´s!

Christoffer

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Christoffer,

The ONLY place to put the diamond shaped windows is towards the top back corner as per the original. I say this for purely astetics.

The most effective place for the snap vents is almost anywhere on the side window. What I mean by this is that we have placed them in the bottom lowest corner (at least an inch clearance all round) and up where the diamond window fits. The difference is where the wind comes in and which is best for you.

The air is directed towards your face in the lower position and behind your head in the upper position.

I like the idea of fitting the two windows together as in 1075 at Le Mans in 1968 (car #9) but we are yet to do this. We are building a race car for a customer.The car will come with wide arches etc as per 1075 but will be painted as per the Yamaha car. I will be using both the diamond and snap vents in this car and more than likely fitment will be as per 1075.

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Chris
I think this shows it

fde966e4.jpg

I mounted them exactly the same way as on the pic of Chris.
Benefit is that fresh air is coming in trough the front ones and hot air is getting out on back ones.
Result: Head and chest is ventilated but legs and bud is still hot....
However,to me the best and cheapest solution if no A/C.

Rgds
fred

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Christoffer,

Must agree with Fred that this is exactly where we also fit both vents and that the results are as outlined.

I have a thing against A/C which I moderate when it gets real HOT. I would only use the A/C in our cars when the temperature in mid 30's and up and will use the other vents otherwise.

Best wishes,

Robert

Thank you 40´s for all good answers!

I will try to fit the snap vents as you say.
I hope that I can get back with some pictures later in this summer.

Thank you again for all your help!

Regards,
Christoffer

Back