Porsche 930 Hydraulic Clutch Release Bearing

Hi,

I have a Tilton 800 series Low Profile 38mm 2.14" Hydraulic Release Bearing that I bought for use with my 930 Transaxle. Unfortunately although it fits nicely on the box itself, because I have a custom bellhousing and I'm using a full size Ford clutch, I don't have enough space for it so I've gone back to a mechanical arm. I have no idea if it will fit in a cut down Porsche box with a Kennedy adaptor plate. That you would need to check as that's not my set up. All details on the bearing can be found on the Tilton website. Tilton Engineering - Driveline, , 800-Series
It's a universal bearing, so will no doubt fit other applications.

If you're interested, I'd like £200 + P&P. They go for £325 New.
P&P can be arranged to suite your requirements and will be charged at cost. I'm in the U.K but can post anywhere.

This item is brand new, never used, only taken out of the box and offered up to my gearbox.

Martin

Attachments

• IMG00727-20100918-1552 [640x480].jpg
    IMG00727-20100918-1552 [640x480].jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 322

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Does anybody understand how a universal HTOB would work in a Porsche configuration were the diapham is being pulled away from the engine instead of the typical or "universal" pushed away from the transaxle?

Was that an acurate discription of the Porsche clutch setup?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Does anybody understand how a universal HTOB would work in a Porsche configuration were the diapham is being pulled away from the engine instead of the typical or "universal" pushed away from the transaxle?

Was that an acurate discription of the Porsche clutch setup?

It wouldn't work with the conventional Porsche Pull-Style pressure plate.

Martin was configuring his car to use a conventional push-style pressure plate which bearings like this were made for.

I've not yet seen a Hydraulic Throw-out bearing that was designed to worth with a Pull-Style pressure plate. But that's not to say they aren't being made.

Randy, You are correct, I forgot to mention it. My set up does indeed utilize a push style pressure plate not a pull style. Maybe the add was missleading to suggest that it could be used on a Porsche 930 directly. I have a Ford clutch which is a push. It is a Universal Bearing and a low riding one at that but deffinitely for a Push Clutch. Thanks Terry.

Martin

Back