problems with goods from Dave Brown CCD NZ.

Is it only me, having problems with goods send from Dave Brown NZ??.
I have been waiting for some parts from him for more than 7 month now and when I contact him, he tells me that he will ship my parts "this week", but now he is telling me that he get "send goods coming back" from the UK. Is there members here with those problems from him??.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It took almost a month to the day for me to send a package Priority Mail (AIR) from the USA to NZ. It did finally get there... You should be able to get tracking information from the shipper / shipping company..

Shipping in the southern hemisphere has been very slow of late as a result of the huge volumes that COVID has created. The postal services has been adjusting their work flows and distribution routs as a result in demand and available workforce.
I had a package that only needed to travel about 30km from point a to point b.......
It ended up doing about 2000km before it got to me. I have had some other parts that took a few months to get from the UK to here in Melbourne as well while some others only took a few weeks.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Dave Brown does beautiful work but seldom if ever delivers anything on time. Add to that the shipping delays from the current unpleasantness and you are... where you are.

Well!. I need to explain my experience with Dave Brown to you.
Medio February 2017 I ordered 4 machined wheel hubs, 1 machined pedal housing, 1 machined ZF top cower, 1 (un machined) steering rack and a set of brackets for the rearclip. I paid him in advance for all the parts (and shipping) and I have got nothing from him, except a bunch of lies. I know for sure that he has been lying to me since November 2018 since I wrote him: will I receive a Christmas gift THIS year and he wrote back: YES you will Jonny because we only need to machine your steering rack housing. When I told him that I had ordered the steeringhousing WITHOUT machining he went quiet and in March last year he then told me that he had problems with the foundry.
I can't count the nights I have been laying awake, thinking of this deal with Dave, since I can't afford to buy those parts once again from another vendor and i really would have hoped that I wouldn't have to write this, but I think it is important to warn you all what one can except when ordering from him.
A nice Christmas to all members from here.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jonny,

I am truly saddened to read about your issues with DB.

PM your address to me and I will send you one of these pedal box castings for you to machine yourself. It might be slightly imperfect as the back wall casting where the cylinders go is about 1.5 mm thicker than spec but it will look pretty good.

Good luck and merry Christmas to you.
IMG_0318.jpeg

WOW! now that is a nice gestus Jimmymac, I will rush and give you my address (by the way, You have helped me before, and I am very grateful for that).

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
There, in a nutshell, is the difference between a decent human being, and an HLO- human like object.

I had plenty of headaches with David. I finally pulled my chassis out of there when I judged that I had at least some of the work done that I'd paid for, and had it flown to England and completed by Adams-McCall Engineering.

I know there are people here whose cars were completed by Dave. They have the patience of saints, and I'm not shitting you.

There, in a nutshell, is the difference between a decent human being, and an HLO- human like object.

I had plenty of headaches with David. I finally pulled my chassis out of there when I judged that I had at least some of the work done that I'd paid for, and had it flown to England and completed by Adams-McCall Engineering.

I know there are people here whose cars were completed by Dave. They have the patience of saints, and I'm not shitting you.
Jim,

Would that be the operation Alan McCall was part of?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I don't know. The Adams party is Kerry Adams; he's a fellow who was mates with Jody Scheckter, years back. Nice fellow, I visited them whilst my tub was over there.

Guy on the left the McCall you mention? Sun worshippers at Teretonga, NZ. Its a very old photo.

Attachments

• 155919871_1337099296652909_6332139165507178987_o.jpg
    155919871_1337099296652909_6332139165507178987_o.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 360
Hey Jonny !
Thank you so much for the malt, it is much appreciated and Alistair and myself will have a toast with it soon.
Your Viking blood runs true my friend - as does my own. That pure gold Mjolnir below is an old family heirloom of mine.

View attachment 113577
Glad You liked it, and thanks God it went thrugh. The young girl at the post office was an all new employee and she said, I hope I do this right because it is the first time I send a package out of the country ;-).

Back