PS Engineering 17" BRM Wheels

PS Engineering 17\" BRM Wheels

Check out the new 17" BRM's from PS Eng.

Attachments

• 29625-DSCF0017.JPG
    29625-DSCF0017.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,877
Re: PS Engineering 17\" BRM Wheels

They look Fantastic. What size are the rears, 17 X 11?

Howard Jones,
when are you gone get yours? So I can come over and look?!!!

Wheels look great. Is it possible to get the full spec of these width/offset/weight. Also is the pin drive a universal fitting as I'll probably get these in the UK.
Cheers Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

These wheels were made to order. You can contact Phil @213-534-4477. The knock off adadpters are Trigo supplied by Phil.They are beautiful, and are as nice as anything I've seen. I will be having the Knock off's polished before the car is completed.

Ron Earp

Admin

Must be me, but something doesn't quite look right. Maybe the aspect ratio for lack of better term, with the width of the spokes to the diameter of the wheel. It appears the spokes are long and skinny here when compared to 15" or 16" BRMs.

dennis if you e-mail me a closer/better high resolution picture I will post it on my site. Then we can all get a better look.

[ QUOTE ]
Must be me, but something doesn't quite look right. Maybe the aspect ratio for lack of better term, with the width of the spokes to the diameter of the wheel. It appears the spokes are long and skinny here when compared to 15" or 16" BRMs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think in order to preserve the aspect ratio when transfering a 15" design to 17" the wheel hub needs to be proportionally larger.

Howard Jones

Supporter

Fred, Mine are on the way, I'll call you and bud and we'll all get together the put them on for the first time. Well can check out the fit of your "brakes" on my hubs also.

Howard Jones

Supporter

I think the camara that was used to take this picture has a wide angle lens. You can tell by the handle of the jack. This will always make the center of the frame a little wider looking. These wheels are really the same as the 15's with 1 inch longer spokes. I like the longer spoke instead of the wider "rim section" ala the JB's 16's. The wider rim on a 17 looks really bulkly and heavy. When I get mine, at the powercoater, I'll take a picture at a 90 degree angle and with a 50mm lens.

I know that the 17's don't look exactly like the 15's but there just are no 15" tires here that will work anymore except dot slicks.

Also with this larger diameter wheel, brakes are just not a issue. Any thing you could want to put on these cars will fit up to 13" wilwoods with 6 pot calipers.

Maybe this photo will give you a better look

Attachments

• 29704-DSCF0014.JPG
    29704-DSCF0014.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,498

Malcolm

Supporter

I run 15 inch PS wheels. The spokes on these 17's are not just 1 inch longer, they will be slightly under the inch. The extra diameter is also made in the meat on the cast rim between the spokes and the spun ali rim. I haven't seen 17's before, certainly not in the flesh, but had always though that the cast rim would be thicker even than these pictures show. The cars with original BRMs seem to have a more meatier section in this region.

The plus side is that you will get good brake cooling properties with the larger spaces between spokes and if you paid for big brakes it will help show them off!

Are Trigo adapters six or five pin drives?

Nice wheels overall.

Malcolm

Denis,

Those wheels look great & fill the arches well which makes the car look 'right' IMO!

I guess you're running a 335/35 on the rear? & do you knwo the internal dia of the wheels, ie what size rotors will fit?

They don't look right to me.

I think the spinners are dwarfed by the massive spokes.

Why not try a big single nut, it might look more inkeeping with the overall look of the wheel.

Regards,

J.P

Hey all,These are 17" wheels!!!They look like 17"wheels. O.K.!!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

Good for you Denis,
You bought them
You like them
And best of all they are for YOU.!!!

Denis, don't let em bug you. Your right - they are 17" wheels. The look will vary a lot depending on how big the brake discs are and what you do for color on the spokes.

Back