question on ride height adjustment - need starting position

Well, after almost 3 years of tinkering with my drb it's just about time to set it down on the wheels for the first time. I would like to ask some of the drb owners if they could take a quick measurement of how far up the shock (front and rear) the adjusting collar is when you have the ride height set. I'd like to at least get it close before I set it down on the ground!

thanks in advance for any assistance.

dave

No one can answer that question! For instance, what springs are you running (rate & free length), what damper body length etc, etc.

Just wind up adjusters till they contact springs on each corner and let it down. Even then you won't get the true ride height until the car has been driven a couple of times to let every thing take a set.

For example my front end was about 90 mm clear and the back about 110 mm clear of ground when set as above, but I have shorter dampers than DRB recommend (14" vs 15") plus high rated springs (350 lb front and 450 lb rear). Obviously I have to wind it up a lot higher for registration soon!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Typically the ride height on most cars (can't say for sure this is true of yours) is set by making the front lower control arms level with the pavement when the car is loaded. The rear is usually set slightly higher to accomodate weight transfer under acceleration.

Back