R clips for knock on knock off wheel hubs

Hi

I have sourced R clips that suit the hub adapter as supplied by Vintage Wheels - the 55mm o/d hub.

I can find out how much sets of 4 clips will be if people let me know a possible take up.

Have a look and see what you think.

DSCF3282.jpg

DSCF3281.jpg

DSCF3280.jpg

DSCF3279.jpg

having recently had a related problem I saw an 'old timers tool' for tightening The spinners(see classic car sept) It showed that the right hand side wheels should be un-done in a clockwise direction !! Is this right as mine undo anticlockwise rt side clock wise left or have I made a cock up .

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Left side Normal threads, Right side - Reverse threads. Seems ok to me but I've had a copious amount of champagne and red wine this lunch time.

well i've had no booze and when the car arrived from sa the knock on adapters were labled lf,lr.rf & rr thus the assembled car with normal threads rt side so looks like Ive made the cock up ,Look into everything before assembly would be a good lesson

Hi everyone.

I have just got back in the saddle having been away for a while.

My research into R clips for the Cobra style (Vintage Wheel US) has produced the following result:-

1. I had 4 demo clips made in the Southern hemisphere which proved to be perfect for my needs as the pictures show.

2. However, production, shipping, import taxes etc meant the cost was not viable.

3. I have sent one of my R clips to a local British company and today I had some data.

4. to make clips in stainless steel exactly like mine (fitting snugly thru the hole inthe Vintage wheel adapter with no reeming) - 20 off clips £35 each! 100 off clips at £10 each. 500 off clips at £2.50 each.

Now here's the thing. If I can get enough orders for 25 sets (100 clips) I can get them made and shipped for £40 per set plus shipping.

You can understand I am only doing this to assist those people who need/want R clips for their hubs as described. Due to set up costs - any changes to the design of my clips would incur additional costs.

So, bottom line is this. I would need confirmed orders and pre-payment for 25 sets of clips before I place my local order. Once I have the order I can get them made within a 3 week turn around.

Sorry it's not quicker but that seems the way of the world at the moment.

Please PM me or reply to this thread and we can arrange orders and payment.

I guess that if insufficient orders are made then either the price goes silly or I don't get them made.

Up to you guys. Please pass this on to Cobra, GT40 and similar car owners if you can.

cheers Chris UK

I will take two sets, let me know how and when to to make payment. Postage to Melbourne Australia, Postcode 3113

Cheers

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
A friend (and fellow petrolhead) happens to manage a "wire" business - tink shopping carts, baskets etc - he designs and makes most of them in the UK

I've sent a photo of your wheel and R clip and asked the question

Perhaps they will be more reasonable

Ian

A friend (and fellow petrolhead) happens to manage a "wire" business - tink shopping carts, baskets etc - he designs and makes most of them in the UK

I've sent a photo of your wheel and R clip and asked the question

Perhaps they will be more reasonable

Ian

OK see what happens - they tell me it's about the initial tooling and set up that costs so much - which is why short runs are pretty expensive.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Copy of Roger's Reply

Hi Ian

I can make some for you but they should be made out of spring steel. I will also need a sample.

Regards

Roger.

Do you have a sapmle that he could have a look at to get aprice etc?
And how do you feel about spring steel as opposes to stainless?

His shop is in the Reading area - I don't know which side of the country you are in

Ian

Copy of Roger's Reply

Hi Ian

I can make some for you but they should be made out of spring steel. I will also need a sample.

Regards

Roger.

Do you have a sapmle that he could have a look at to get aprice etc?
And how do you feel about spring steel as opposes to stainless?

His shop is in the Reading area - I don't know which side of the country you are in

Ian

Ian I am waiting for my sample to be returned to me. Once back I shall contact Roger if you can PM me his details?

thanks Chris

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
How do you make the holes in the hubs, because I cant get anything to touch it? Maybe spark erosion, but I dont really want to remove the hubs.

Back