Race series for Mclaren look new cars

Did I miss if this has been mentioned before here?

Unlimited Racing Championship - Home Page

Should look spectacular.

Cheers

Fred W B

IMG_0727_Contentpage.jpg

Chuck6_contentpage.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this series was expected to launch in 2014 under the ALMS umbrella. However, that was announced prior to the merger with Grand Am. Have not heard anything post merger.

I was looking at their web site this morning and they are talking the first race to take place in 2013 as a side show to ALMS races. The Idea is great but don't know if it will last. A one make series and US$500k for a car?? I think maybe if they allowed other cars in that were in the same spec there may be some more interest, a bit more in the spirit of the old "Can-Am" I'd like to be able to run what I'm building but I get the impression its a closed shop and you have to buy "THEIR" cars. Somebody is making money from this. Cheers Leon

I saw one of these in person and I must say that they are absolutely the real deal. There is no way anybody is making money selling these cars for $50K. I am not sure where the profit is - must be entry fees or something.

The fabrication work, machining, and mechanical bits are all first class. I am a little concerned about the eventual success of this series because these cars are very, very fast and I don't know if there are enough "gentlemen racers" who would be willing to step up to that much action. These cars are for gentlemen with huge body appendages.

Brian

Back