Race suspension option on SLC and street use

Hello from TN,

Anyone using the race suspension option on the street occasionally? The roads around here are very smooth and car is primarily for track days.

Many thanks,

Ken

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hi Ken,

the geometry between the street and race cars is almost identical and we use rod ends on all of the street cars as standard, the race cars use spherical bearings on the outboard balljoint ends.This limits suspension travel and also turning radius when compared to the standard street cars.

The spring rates we run on the track would be uncomfortable on a street car but that's also due to the use of full slicks.

So its certainly possible with a few concessions....the race set up is also quite an upgrade in cost

Last edited:
think you would want some sort of lock-out on the switch so that you don't accidentally raise the front end while at speed.

I think you would want some sort of lock-out on the switch so that you don't accidentally raise the front end while at speed.

LOL! Or maybe just put the switch somewhere where you wouldn't ever accidentally push it. NOT on the shift knob, for example...

JR

Steve

Supporter
think you would want some sort of lock-out on the switch so that you don't accidentally raise the front end while at speed.

Absolutely.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIJ4q3PD57A]Race Car Flip - YouTube[/ame]

Does any one have any input about the Racing shocks and the performance differences vs the factory stock QA1 units, cost is substantial, what are the performance gains?

I have the standard street shocks/springs and IMO it's more than sufficient for a street car. I have the shock settings at about 8 clicks (compression) at the moment (24 clicks available but after you get past 12-13 the adjustment knob gets very hard to turn & the ride gets quite stiff). I do fairly spirited drives on country back roads that have tons of dips and irregularities. The standard set-up has more than you can use for street use. The car sticks to the road unless you do something stupid and after that point no suspension set-up will save you. Unless you are strictly tracking the car I'd save the money and spend it elsewhere re: "racelogic traction control". I have turned off the TC on occasion for some giggles - I have found that my right foot cannot compete against the accuracy of a computer.

Back