radiator dimensions

Search the threads and couldn't find any listing of radiator dimensions. I would think that the different manufactures of the kits will be different but i am just looking for a general or average numbers. C & R Racing will make one but need something to go by. Thanks richard [email protected]

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Core is approx one foot by two foot or 300 by 600 mm

Inlet and outlet at bottom

Air bleed at each top corner

Tank at each side and mounting arrangement to suit your frame

Mounting brackets for twin fans normally 12 inch

And lastly a mounting point for the radiator fan thermostat

Ian

I have attached a pdf for the radiator that you can use as a reference point.

Wayne

Attachments

• PWR radiator for GT40.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
If you're building your own chassis there are other radiators that would fit with a bit of work. Upside is they are cheap. Downside is they're never going to look 'original' and will take some effort. Personally I'd be tempted if making a scratch build space frame to get a decently sized 'race' radiator and work round it as they're 1/8 to 1/2 the cost of a GT40 specific item and easier to replace than a bespoke one.

MR2's and Celica's are the main two I came across that seemed as if they'd both fit (upside down!) and have decent numbers of 'race' aftermarket radiators (which you'd need as they're only ~2l as stock). There are plenty more if you're prepared to have the outlets moved to say top and bottom on one side.

The route you take depends on your priorities with your build but thought I'd offer it as an option! :)

You can still get them OEM of course...
http://www.serckservicesmotorsport.co.uk/ford/ford-gt40-radiator-709090-187515-.php

Thanks David... i'm building the same chassis as yours. I haven't gotten far enough to get "real" measurments but with the specs found on this thread i can check out the race rads in the catalogues... check out the previous post does the dimentions in that file look like it will fit your setup?? rt

I haven't looked but I can't see why it wouldn't.

It was something I was considering more when I was contemplating a scratch build as you can modify things to suit an off the shelf common (ie cheap due to the numbers produced) radiator rather than a custom/small run radiator.

Personally I'll be addressing the radiator issue later, probably in a few years time...

Back