raidHP Super Snap-off: Euro help needed!

G

I feel somewhat responsible for telling some people about the great quick release from raidHP: Super Snap-off. I purchased mine from Reverie, but now they will only sell one if you also buy a steering wheel from them. Can anyone from across the pond (or in the US if they are sold here somewhere) help us find a vendor who can sell these retail, please?
hp_SnapOff-Hand.jpg

hp_SnapOff.jpg

[ August 19, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

I know that there is a chain of auto acessory stores all across Europe called "D&W". They have a large selection of "Raid" sterring wheels. I have bought parts from them before, through my famiuly connections in Belgium.

I believe D&W is a company based in Germany.

They have a web site, but it is currently not working in English.
here is the link: http://www.duw.de/

G

Thanks Alain; I tried the website using google's translator, but it doesn't do frames very well. So,I guess I'll wait for their English version which is supposed to available soon.

I was first informed of these quick releases by John Donnelley, builder of the Sabre and the new GT3 roadster, who used to get them from a boat aftermarket place in Miami who handled the Dino line of steering wheels. Dino is also made by the same company, R.D.I in Germany, who makes the raid/hp line. So, if anyone knows of a boating aftermarket company who handles Dino, please let me know as they may be a possible source as well. They also have several other lines of aftermarket products for European cars.

G

Brian, right you are! Once again, you guys on this forum are amazing! This Snap-off looks like the origial one John Donnelley used and is a tad different than the Super Snap-off seen on the RDI website and at the German aftermarket guys below. But, hey it is in the US!

I'll try go get a description of how I installed mine on the DIY forum along with contact info. But for now, here are three other URLs I found, all in Germany. I have no idea if they are including VAT or if the will ship to US or not. If using the Google translation service, some of them may only translate in IE and the last one would only come up in IE.

D&W Tuners
Part number: 274277
Manufacturer: RAID
104.95 EUR = $102 USD

Trabiteile
Part number: 80005
99.95 Eur = 97.59USD

Sehan Tuning
199 German Deutchmarks = 99.3887 USD

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

Lynn,the prices quoted on the german websites would include 16.5% MWST (=VAT) but I cant find anything mentioned about shipping outside Germany in their general sales conditions. No mention about accepting credit cards either on the trabiteile site.

G

Thanks very much for checking out the German web sights. It looks like we have a place on this side of the pond in the boating vendor that Brian found for us.

Back