Rcr 917

Here are some pics of the first 917 leaving RCR. Keep watching for more RCR products!!:idea:

Attachments

• 917-1.jpg
    917-1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,542
  • 917-2.jpg
    917-2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,263
Fantastic. This is my goal.

Sometime ago, Fran said he was working on another 917 offering "that will be very appealing to many.....". Is there any news about that?

OC...
remind me...!!!..This is a mono/tube hybrid car...

By the way...the Swiss car did not leave with those wheels...
it has 917 five spoke two piece wheels...

Randy,

this one went to Switzerland.,

Craigs is sitting in the shop waiting for the shipping company to sort out their route and pick up date....

OC...I must be missing something...
We have the tube for tube and the mono/tube 917...(similar to 962)...nothing more.....the appealing one is the mono/tube with a price point similar to the RCR40...

Last edited:
OC...I must be missing something...
We have the tube for tube and the mono/tube 917...(similar to 962)...nothing more.....the appealing one is the mono/tube with a price point similar to the RCR40...

My mistake Fran, I misinterpreted your original quote. Which was this, as found in the 917 section in the topic "another 917.. this time RCR"

"Martin,

thanks for asking...

We have been working very hard on both of the 917's and I will have another 917 offering that will be very appealing to many.....

I will post more details tomorrow....."

I think you were working on filling 2 orders, not 2 separate designs and adding a third.

But if you feel like adding a 3rd 917, say a 917/20, we wont stop you!:shy:

Under the skin......

We are really pleased with this package...even if I do say so myself...:thumbsup:...well done the RCR crew

Attachments

• img_8960 (Small).jpg
    img_8960 (Small).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 717
  • img_8961 (Small).jpg
    img_8961 (Small).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 694
  • img_8964 (Small).jpg
    img_8964 (Small).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 879
Sweeeet -
Nice job guys that puppy is to drool over, maybe a pic of the five spoke wheels?
Those roller wheels look like they were stolen off the yellow P4, No?

A 917 to go along with my other RCR...... Fran says "Collect Them All".
Hell, I'm not even married but I'm sure someone would divorce me over that :p

Rob,
we have lots of roll around wheels...we use Goodyears/BRM's on quite a few cars for mock up..(correct period style/sizing)...my GT has 8 x 15 and 12 x 15's with G12 Blue Streaks, on too but in solid black
The 917 wheels wont fit on your SL-C so "forget about it"..:laugh:..not even if you widen them to 24 inches...

Attachments

• april 5 08 054 (Small).jpg
    april 5 08 054 (Small).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 562
  • June 08 038 (Small).jpg
    June 08 038 (Small).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Very nice job fran :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

that the first time I see your mono tube for RCR917K and it's looks great (stiff, safe, ...)

I have only one question:
If do not make a mistake (i'm waiting from french postman (which are on strike:veryangry:) some major books on 917 history)
917k has an oil cooler in the nose.
does it fit on the RCR917K version ?

Re: R C R 917 MONO

Thanks,

Yes it does...same location, same size....

I would say that sitting in the aluminum chassis would be far safer than inside the tubular structure of the original.

We have also made more cockpit room inside the car and made ingress and egress easier with the contour of the sponsons...a practical 917....:laugh:

Last edited:
Back