Rcr-p How Sooooooooooon??????

title says it all.

I've been hanging out at the racetrack and it's killing me watching everyone else having all the fun.

I gotta start building something soon,,,,, or I'm gonna go off the deep end and build myself a FFR spec racer....
...or worse yet- start putting a cage in my wife's beloved little spitfire.
:D

....or even worse- start throwing parts/money into the old ITE 190e and bring it out of retirement.

will the bathtub come equipped with a rubber duckie as part of the kit?

How about bubble bath???
Will the tub have whirlpool jets, or shall those of us on a tighter budget just fart in the water to make bubbles? :D

Sorry Fran, took the day off yesterday......(first one in a long time) and couldn't find anything worth watching on TV.

soooo, I had plenty of time to daydream about cars and when I can get a new project here.

just bringin' this to the top......

don't want anyone forgetting about the little "P" car.

Cold weather is soon approaching,,,,which is the best time of the year for building toys for the following driving season.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
My spare time is being split between a bathroom remodel and my RCR-40. I was going to go with a nice Kohler unit but if I can get a 32" x 72" (bath) tub in Gulf blue gel coat, RHD (right hand drain), I'm ready to switch to RCR! :)

We have been working long and hard on the 917 for a few months....

But there has been some forward motion on the P car also.....the RCR-P will available for sale in Jan 07.

Jan 07 is quickly approaching.

SCCA recently announced a new national class for "ex-world challenge" cars, and thus far I have resisted the urge to uncover the old 190e mercedes.............

R C R - P.....??????

Rest assured.....the RCR-P has been through some major changes in the last few months.

How about a completely new extruded aluminum chassis..think Ferrari 360/Ford GT/Lotus Elise...using only longitudinal engine/transaxle packages...with 6 inches more leg room and 10 inches more cockpit room laterally....with integrated seats and dash structure...

Now there are two drivetrain options...
American V8 and Porsche transaxle and Subaru WRX/STI engine and transaxle packages for the more budget conscious.

The body has also been refined and has a much more polished look....still racecar but more contemporary.....without trying to be "Supercar"...

We hope you like it .........pics in the New Year

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Oh my GOD!!! I have been having dreams about a B13 Turbo Rotary mated to a 50/xx in the back of your p-car. Who makes a adapter for porsche to rotary engine? Is the new car as light as the original target?

Do you know what F-Mazda open wheel cars use for a gearbox?

Howard.

Kennedy makes an adapter....I had one on a supercharged rotary in the back of a 911...with the lower torque output and high revs you could use a lesser transaxle and still be cool....

The P car is still targeted to come in at 2000lbs....

The F Mazda uses a Hewland box but I am not sure which one......

Howard Jones

Supporter
I looked it up later and the Star Mazda uses a MK9. Thats a VW case with Hewland internals. There website says it's good for about 180Ft/Lbs of torque. I think they are talking racing usage though. My guess would be that just about any porsche gearbox would work as long as it came from a flat 6 application and you kept the rotary down to about 300HP.

Is that 2000 pounds a road worthy target with lights and other legal stuff? AND is that 2000 lbs with a power train installed? If so which one? Subaru?

Anyway I gonna start saving up. Can't wait to see some pictures.

Fran,
The 917K .... nice, nice, nice. I may have to put my Ferrari in a 512M just so they have someone to pick on :p

I'm guessing the P car will be sharing the chassis? Any news or pics or drawings of the updated P car?

thanks

Back