RCR-Prototype......

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Well guys ....
I have eluded to a car that we are working on and here is an artist impression of what we are doing....based on a successful race car ....

Work is already well and truly underway on this project as I mentioned previously......

Mid-engined...under 2000lbs......pushrod suspension front and rear...... under $30,000.....as a roller !!!!!

So what do ya think.....

Attachments

• 73532-RCR-Pa001(Small).jpg
    73532-RCR-Pa001(Small).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 493
Looks pretty slick...could you elaborate some more on the proposed drivetrain? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Yes Mike..

ANY transverse mounted powertrain fits...4 cyl, V6...even V8 like the new GXP Pontiac....auto or manual.....
With the MASSIVE aftermarket support for turbo or S/C powertrain its the way to have a cohesive powertrain that has been engineered to work by the OEM manufacturer....

This enables a much more affordable solution to the longitudinal transaxle dilemma....as its not a replica I dont have to abide by anyone elses previous design criteria...although I have to say that obviously LOVE the replica cars we build ....with a passion...if you hadn't guessed that already.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Any more details? Just a guess but alu mono? Ground effects? RCR billet uprights, arms and carriers? Looks like it'd be pretty cool... Any pics yet?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
What more details do you need??????
"Mid-engined...under 2000lbs......pushrod suspension front and rear...... under $30,000.....as a roller "

I am not releasing any pics of the chassis/suspension at all until the public unveiling of a completed car.....I have no reason to because this thing rocks....take my word for it for now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Fran,
Very LMP style. Looks like a mix of various LMP styles which is way KOOL. Have you or will do any areo dynamic testing on the car?

Steve

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Steve,
the overall body shape has minimal changes from the original that is sitting in my shop
The vehicle we have was actually used extensively for windtunnel testing....so that part of our job has already been done...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Or a Ford duratec V6 with twin turbos, like the ones in the Noble M12 GTO 3R.

Fran,

When do you expect to have one completed?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Transverce 1.8T audi 6 speed would be PERFECT!!!!!!! A track day verson of this engine would be good for 400+ hp on racegas and at about 2 bar.

Damn I wish I had more money.

Howard
The 1.8 VW/Audi unit is a little powerhouse.
My best friend has an anniversary edition GTI golf with a bunch of bolt on mods, and the little car really hauls!
Last time on the dyno he was at around 275hp at the FRONT WHEELS!
Turno off the traction control, and his car will smolder the 18 inch michelin pilots through 1rst & 2cnd gears easily!

One other benefit of the 1.8, is that the turbo would end up on the "rear" side of the engine compartment, making for a very simple & short exhaust system.

Very nice Fran!

[ QUOTE ]
The 1.8 VW/Audi unit is a little powerhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more - I've had two turbo'd cars with that engine, both chipped to 245hp. Many police forces in the UK use the Skodas vRS with the same VW/Audi engine. And they fly!

Cheers, and good luck.

Rob

Keith

[ QUOTE ]

I Many police forces in the UK use the Skodas vRS with the same VW/Audi engine. And they fly!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Back