Two Piece Window
Air/Heater
CCW Wheels
Flywheel
Clutch
Additional Items:
Tires front and rear with additional set of rear tires
Ricardo six speed transaxle purchased from RCR when car was purchased
SBF engine from Bennett racing as shown on attached sheet with specs and dyno info- please note that throttle body is not included
The car is completed only so far as RCR completed it in roller condition for shipping- no further work has been done
I am willing to sell the car with or without engine and trans ,but I would prefer to sell it complete
The car is located in Southern Utah about two hours drive north of Las Vegas
I do have a trailer and may consider delivery depending upon the location and current events
Attached are engine specs and photos, and transaxle photo - I am thinking you know what the car looks like, but if it is helpful to have car photos I will post them
I have about $90,000 invested in this project but I don't know the resale value- I look for your input to determine a reasonable price
I welcome all questions, comments, and criticisms
I will make corrections/clarifications/additions as suggested or requested
regards,
Mel Hatch

Screenshot_2020-05-09 bennett3 PNG (PNG Image, 591 × 640 pixels) - Scaled (94%).png
Screenshot_2020-05-09 bennett2 PNG (PNG Image, 590 × 633 pixels) - Scaled (95%).png
Screenshot_2020-05-09 bennett1 PNG (PNG Image, 590 × 643 pixels) - Scaled (94%).png
Screenshot_2020-05-09 ricardo PNG (PNG Image, 521 × 307 pixels).png
048.JPG
043.JPG
042.JPG
040.JPG
038.JPG

It would be good to see pictures of the body. Could you please post some so that we can see what shape it is in. Given that I am more interested in using an LS Crate engine, would you be willing to separate. Regarding the price, I contacted Fran at Superlite Last week and he said the he can do a full Turnkey build including the engine and transaxle for $100K (with cost of engine additional (I haven't exactly decided on the engine yet). He said a brand new fully configured (less engine) was $76K (I chose every option) and the turnkey build would put the cost up to 100K. So with all of that said that should give you a sense that you probably won't the full cost of what you have into it.

That is a serious engine build. I like the Procharger product. Curious, what were your thoughts in getting the front drive belt system to fit in the car?
Beautiful place the car lives in, used to travel through once a year to dirt ride the San Rafael Swell area. Best riding in the country IMO.

Thank you for info
I will post some body photos
I don't expect to be able to sell the car for what I have put into it-I expect to get substantially less for the project than the amount I have invested
Can you let me know if you have a figure in mind for the car less engine- also clarify if you would be interested in trans
regards,
Mel

Mel - Is the SLC still for sale? I was waiting for the pictures to be posted before responding on what I think is a reasonable price for the SLC only. I won't need the engine or transaxle.

I would like to see how much of the vehicle is assembled so that I know how much additional cost I will face to have the car finished. I am looking at your SLC as an alternative to having Fran at RCR build. Like most of us, I have a limited budget so I am trying to figure out which option suits my budget best.

I really appreciate it.

Regards
Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
407Flyguy - Please change your username to your REAL name as you agreed to when you registered here.
Thank you..

Please see attached photos
As you can see the car is in the same condition as originally received
You can see that it has storage dust
Note that the front and rear body sections are not attached
Please let me know questions or comments
Mel
IMG_1478[1].JPG
IMG_1480[1].JPG
IMG_1482[1].JPG
IMG_1484[1].JPG
IMG_1488[1].JPG