RCR Visit, March 2013

Chuck

Supporter
Business took me north, so stopped by and visited Fran.

The new facility is coming along nicely. Very impressive and so much more room than the current facility. Note the picture of the soon to be shop area. A reproduction of a vintage Ford flat bed truck is well under way. RCR continues to diversify.

The new facility will have a much enlarged shop area, but also multiple offices, show room and display areas. A soon-to-be destination vacation location for car guys.

Attachments

• New1 (2).JPG
    New1 (2).JPG
    390.4 KB · Views: 328
  • New2 (2).JPG
    New2 (2).JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 339
  • New3.JPG
    New3.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 369

Chuck

Supporter
An LMP was in the late stages of assembly. This is a stunning vehicle. Strictly a track car, with impressive details. Like mirror image suspension pieces, left to right, so fewer spares need be carried to the track. Or assemblies that can be removed in sections, to speed replacement if needed.

Attachments

• LMPFrontLeft.JPG
    LMPFrontLeft.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 424
  • LMPFrontQuarter.JPG
    LMPFrontQuarter.JPG
    423 KB · Views: 417
  • LMPRearLeft.JPG
    LMPRearLeft.JPG
    440.9 KB · Views: 395
  • LMPRearRight.JPG
    LMPRearRight.JPG
    454 KB · Views: 414
Looks like the LMP is progressing very well. And the D type appears again in the background!

Thanks for the pics.

Those are great pictures of the LMP. That is a work of art. Almost makes me not want to beat it up on the track. No, it's built to embarrass cars costing four times as much so that's what I'm going to do!!

Chuck

Supporter
Another goodie: sequential gear box.

When we last visited, the Apex was a clay mockup. It is now a fiberglass shell.

Attachments

• SequentialTran.JPG
    SequentialTran.JPG
    360 KB · Views: 339
  • Apex1.JPG
    Apex1.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 407
  • Apex2.JPG
    Apex2.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 369
I know but I'll find something to put it in!! Maybe a repowered LS powered SLC.. Humm.. Or do you think it could be adapted to a diesel of some sort?

Chuck

Supporter
A gorgeous D Type body shell, in British Racing Green, was the first thing that greeted us when entering the shop area. The proportions look very good. Nice quality gel coat finish.

Fran took time to give me good overview of the plans for this car. Like the original, virtually all of the visible interior will be aluminum. Solid axle in the rear with flat shaped trailing arms like the original. Front suspension control arms from a Jag. Raise the front clip and the resemblance to the original should be apparent. Louver inserts on the hood fabricated from aluminum. Option of a tail fin or not (the non fin shown in the pics). It will be set up for a Jag straight six and a Tremec transmission. Right hand drive only. Wheelbase 90" as on the original. Shooting for a target weight of 2000 pounds; close to the original. Pedals hang rather than floor mounted, like the original. Dunlop style wheels have been sourced which are nice reproductions.

Attachments

• JagCockpitCowlingCompress.jpg
    JagCockpitCowlingCompress.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 346
  • JagNoseCompress.jpg
    JagNoseCompress.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 307
An LMP was in the late stages of assembly. This is a stunning vehicle. Strictly a track car, with impressive details. Like mirror image suspension pieces, left to right, so fewer spares need be carried to the track. Or assemblies that can be removed in sections, to speed replacement if needed.

I see room for a passenger and baby seat. How about it Fran?

I just watched the Jaguar edition of Victory By Design and now I am an "expert" on the cars :) A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....so is this the long nose version of the D type?

Back