Reaper says "hello" from Porsche to GT40

Hey guys, looking to buy either a SPF MKII or RCR MKII going to build with a 427 ITB motor. Probably going to buy for my birthday in July 2012.

This place is a wealth of knowledge - in fact so much so i'm selling my 1979 Porsche 935 K3 tribute to buy one. Hoping the thrust from a 427 will rival what I used to get from my 3.8l tt flat 6.

If there are any of you in Huntington Beach, Ca i'll probably buy you some beer to trade for conversation on the SPF cars.

Currently i'm in Afghanistan as a security contractor - so next time i'll be in the US is Feb - but looking forward to meeting some of you!

Pic attached of my current and soon to be former ride.

Attachments

• DSC_0317.JPG
    DSC_0317.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 357

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
If there are any of you in Huntington Beach, Ca i'll probably buy you some beer to trade for conversation on the SPF cars.

There's a bunch of us within beer-distance of Huntington Beach, so let us know when you're back home. If you're doing security in Afghanistan then it's just barely conceivable you have the nerve and mental stamina to deal with SPF ownership. :) Most of the time I think I've found and disabled the latest IED (interesting execution of the design) but I'm occasionally surprised. But by now I've probably uncovered the majority so can draw you a scribbled map. IAE once that's done you're about as close to a real GT40 as you can get without having to sell a Southern California house.

Alan Watkins

PS: "K3?" Isn't that where they teach you how to read, add, multiply, etc.?

Welcome to the group, Reaper!

Unfortunately, you can't 'buy' me a beer in AFG and will depend on your connections there but I'll still fill you in on a few things if we're able to connect in AFG. I bounce around between the ME and SW Asia, so hit me up with a PM for more details.

Last edited:
Welcome Reaper! I am in Lake Forest and Superformance is off the I5 at the Bake exit right near there. I am bringing my MKII down from Oregon for the winter in a couple of weeks. It should be there in February for a demo ride if you want.

Mike

Thanks for the kind welcome guys - I built that car from the ground up over the past 4 years after getting screwed over by a few shops and a boat load of $. Now I know better.

Fran: Yes I got the photos and thank you so much! I'm planning on a visit to RCR in February for a day to see your facility and go over some detail questions etc. I've read up on quite a few build logs of the RCR cars and i'm blown away with the quality for sure. Although I might end up needing some roller quotes for everything assembled and painted.

The biggest thing for me is deciding between the steel roof of the SPF or building it up myself in the RCR style. I have the ability to do either - I just need to find out more info about what expected costs & build issues i'll be running into with the RCR kit.

I've already heard info on the SPF setups and again I must say, this board is a wealth of info and I plan to be a long standing member.

Cobrajet - i'll email you, hopefully we can link up around Kabul.

Malcom & GJ: the K3 is quite serious at 2,300 lbs at at 1.6 bar boost 1,127 rwhp Here's a pic with her removable clothing. I'm getting rid of her for the deluxe kit cost of Fran's RCR MKII (approx $45k) want to unload her even in this market:

Attachments

• DSC_0328.JPG
    DSC_0328.JPG
    385.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_09311312898153.jpg
    IMG_09311312898153.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1780.jpg
    IMG_1780.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1782.jpg
    IMG_1782.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 326

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
I like your K3 tribute Gabriel. It looks very well executed and 1,127 rwhp must be a real hand full. Can you share what for/aft weight distribution you were able to achieve at 2300 total lbs?

Best,
K

Gabe,
Small world....my close friend and hot rodding buddy, 'WinRice' (PelicanParts) says hello. He usually takes care of my place and watches over all my toys, including the RCR, when I'm on the other side of the globe.

Fore / aft was 36% / 66% with 2% side to side on corner balance :)

Cobra: that's awesome! Yeah he's been following my project since the beginning, good guy - one of the few!

Chassis sold, keeping motor & tranny along with dual M&W boxes & M600....

Fran brother - motor is coming your way soon...something wicked this way does indeed come!

Back