Rear Clip Glass Window

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
I have searched a lot of past threads on "glass" rear clip windows and see there has been some discussion of a "glass" rear clip window that will fit some of the replicas out there. Is there a "glass" rear window availlable that will fit the RCR GT40 clip? Or, is there one availlable that could fit the RCR clip with modifications?
Thanks, Keith

I have searched a lot of past threads on "glass" rear clip windows and see there has been some discussion of a "glass" rear clip window that will fit some of the replicas out there. Is there a "glass" rear window availlable that will fit the RCR GT40 clip? Or, is there one availlable that could fit the RCR clip with modifications?
Thanks, Keith

Hi Keith, not to sure if rcr do them, but i have fitted one to my rear clip, had to adjust bottom corners for better fit, by about 5mm, got it from mobile windscreens, here in the uk, they have them in stock about 5 left, but can have more made, Andy

Hi; Mobile windscreens fitted the one on my car too, I also had to remove 8 mm from the bottom of the window aperture, so the rubber trim would fit in. with the glass one in you can now see out the back window.
I would highly recommend one.
PS i have a KVR rear clip
regards Dick

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Curious about the reasons why these would be needed?

Perhaps due to fuel reversion from the Webers causing the Lexan to craze?

Heat related?

Both?

Also - The GT40 had a number of parts that were sourced from Production Vehicles - I'm wondering if the Glass was unique to the Forty or sourced from another car?

Sorry for the thread drift...

Is it such a big secret that it cant be presented openly in this forum?

Adrian, no secret at all, the above sent me pms and i just replied to them.

call mobile windscreen on 0117 3042000, at bristol, manager Phil Lomas. he will sort out your needs, they will send items to your nearest depot, Andy

Back