Rear deck plexiglass

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
The rear deck plexiglass(?) of my GTD is warping, presumably from the heat build up when the car is standing still.
Does anyone know what material this is made from or where I can obtain another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The only person I know of in the U.K who can supply is MDA. Speak to Mark Sibley, he will be able to supply you a glass screen which will not warp.

TEL: 01404 823980

Regards,

J.P

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Rob,
To add a little to Paul Bearman's comments, Makrolon and Lexan are trade names for polycarbonate which should give you a service temperature of around 120 deg C, compared with around 80 deg C for Plexiglas acrylic.
Both are available with a 'hardcoat' surface which would reduce abrasion damage and improve chemical resistance. Polycarbonate is prone to chemical induced stress cracking.
There are many stockists in the UK but, to get you started, you could try Amari Plastics (I've no connection) www.amariplastics.com They have a national network of branches and could probably recommend a local fabricator if required.
Jim

I can produce rear windows in Lexan or Makrolon, if you want the 'scratch resistant surface'- margard, I can supply-although it is very expensive!

Back