Remembering a Special Friend

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Last night I received a phone call that I would not wish upon anyone. My 14 year old niece had a cardiac arrest while doing one of her favorite things, running. She passed with her family at her bedside shortly thereafter. Megan was a straight A student with a winning attitude and an extremely supportive family environment. I have countless memories of the summers she spent with us. She had a love of animals, the outdoors, cooking and family. When her older brother reached 6’3” and realized he could not fit in the GT40 he reluctantly passed his status as heir apparent to her.

We all encounter situations in life that test us. This is not the first time and surely will not be the last. A post of this nature is counter to my stoic Scottish roots. This community is very supportive and provides me with a venue to share and exchange information and acquire an occasional laugh. George Bernard Shaw wrote “The joy in life is to be used for a purpose.” I ask you all to do one thing, take a minute to think about those that are close to you and how they impact your life. Communicate this to them.

It is a tragic loss but the memories will remain forever.

Neal
I'm so sorry to hear such tragic news. Losing a child is terribly tragic, especially one with so much promise. Thoughts and prayers to you and your whole family.

Bill D

Neal,

It is a tragic loss but the memories will remain forever.[/quote]

I think you said it best, the momories will remain forever.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Let the healing process begin, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone in the family.

Neal,
I am so sorry for your loss and hope you know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. I personally can't imagine anything harder or more trying than the loss of a child. If there is anything I can do please call me and I will strive to help. Take care,

Steve

Passing of friends -

Late last year a buddy - a brother left, he was maybe 7 years younger than I. We used to run 7 miles cross country 3 times a week. Man were we in good shape then, there were a lot of memories in those ritualistic runs. Of course we would lay on the floor of the house completely done....running on about - who beat who to the finish.

Always a happy man - very down to earth, he had a smile for all he met, especially family and friends. A magnetic personality.

He collapsed in the San Diego airport on his way to join his wife and little boy for Christmas vacation.

Way to young to have left.

It's in a handshake, it's in the look in your eye, it's in the hug of a child, it's in a healthy laugh, it's in a calming touch........ it is what we say without using words.

I'm sure she knew what she meant to you.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Neal, my condolences to you and the family. Passing away at such a young age is truly a tragedy. I will say a prayer for you and all involved.

Working around death every day tends to harden you to the end result. Then you have the reality that comes when it is close to you. I have lost a good number of relatives, three of which were children. Unfortunately the numbers grow as we age. It is truely a hard time, but as others have stated, the memories live on. I still talk to my father when I notice his photo on the table. The pictures we have are what spark the memories. Hold on to them. They begin to fade as time passes.

Bill

Neal, very, very sorry to hear about your family's loss. I have a sense for your emotions in the wake of such a shock - I lost my brother about a year ago (at his not-so-young age of 40) in an airplane accident. One wants to try to make some sense of tragic occurrences such as this but there's really no reason or order behind it - it's just a terrible situation that leaves family and friends with a tragic sense of loss. Life can not only be cruel sometimes, but also completely senseless. I echo your wise thoughts regarding letting those that you love know that they are loved dearly. Again, so very sorry to hear about your niece's passing.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Neal,

Words are so inadequate at a time like this. Please accept our deepest sympathy and heartfelt thoughts.

Donna & Tim

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Neal - I am lost for words but not for prayers... They're on the way...

Back