Renult 30 to Ford 5.0

I really would need some help to list what parts to use. I have looked for this on the forum but just couldn´t find the details.

I will use a 5.0 Ford from 1987 and a Renault 30 transaxle and a adaptor plate. I wonder therefore what different parts to use for following:

Modified flywheel - Ford V6 3.0??
Clutch cent plate
Clutch cover plate
Release bearing
Spigot bearing - and adapter??
Fixings
Starter motor

Henrik Smedberg
TS40

Henrik,

Funy you should ask this! I am in the process of having a place build me a custom Cover plate to work with my 347 Ford mated to UN1 Renault.

If you can go to a Ford belhousing, that is the best way to go. You can use 302 flywheel,cover plate clutch,,,,etc.

If not, then you have to suffer as I have with AP Racing cover plate, clutch,,,,,etc.

Which ever way you go, the key is the FLYWHEEL. Make sure you have a "good one" that can be drilled for the Cover plate you want prior to having you engine balanced.

With your present set up, this is what you are going to go with (Hopefully I am right!!).

Flywheel 121 teeth, ford V6 Essex or Capri.

Cover plate,, either the "wimpy" Lotus Esprit 75-81. Or the "NOT WIMPY" AP racing 2394-14. IMHO, try to find a mustang Cover plate that would fit.

Clutch center plate,, what ever fits the above covers 1" X 23 in my case (UN1-13, unmodified)

Same for the bearings,,,Lotus/Delorean or AP

Starter motor, V6 Capri (for GTD, may be the Same for Tornado).

NOW, If you have more money than you know what to do with, and a very lazy arse ,,,,there are a few "lads" here who would gladly do all the work for you, so you can feel you belong to that "SPECIAL <font color="pink"> </font> CLASS". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Personaly, I would go the "Commoner way". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Faili,

Thanks a lot for the information - this will make life a lot more easy for me:)

I will get the engine this week and hopefulle the adaptorplate as well. I am still wondering about what bearing that should be in the end of the crankshaft that I will put the inshaft from the gearbox to?? Any ideas? I guess it will become a bit clearer when I have both engine, adaptor and gearbox in the same place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes - I will go the common way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Thanks
Henrik

Hi F'

I collected the drawing for the billet flywheel yesterday as per Roy Smart - I won't be able to scan till tomorrow but will e-mail it to you thereafter - hope it helps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul,

ALLAH be praised, or in this case,, Paul be praised /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks,

Henrik, The pilot bearing was something I got with the GTD kit. The OD would be the same as all the bearings for Ford 302 cranks. The ID I think is .690 (Not sure). Let me know If you need a photo. My old engine is out of the car and the GTD bearing is still in it.

Cheers, BUKFUL (Did I spell it right?!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hi Faili,

Yes - a photo would be very much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way got the engine today - a lot of things to get rid of eg. EGR-system, servo-pump, etc. I am happy to start getting the stuff into my garage and start working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers
Henrik

I recently purchased a used GTD and believe I also have a Renault R30 in it. Like to see some pics you have of this transaxle. Mine seems to be geared pretty low.

My R30 seems to be leaking fluid at the axles but doesn't look like it's coming out of the axle seals but the pins on each side. Any suggestions?

Hello

Its not uncommon for the oil to travel down the coupling spline and out via the roll-pins. Check your pins are not broken and refit, sealing with RTV - usually cures the problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back