RF # 018 at Phillip Island 18th Sept 05

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
In light of this weeks Moto GP event here in Australia at Phillip Island, I thought I'd post some photos of Chris Liokos' car at a recent Phillip Island Marque Sports track day, where Chris got to burn some hot laps around an awesome track.
It was great to see Chris pumped with adrenalin after his sessions.
Way to go Chris, enjoy.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 66793-CL-PI-small01.jpg
    66793-CL-PI-small01.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 272
Great shots Bill.
Way to go Chris !
Phillip Island is my favorite place to visit when I'm in Oz.
That track is a classic. I wish I could take some laps there someday.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Bill and Hersh. Some great shots there too. My first real chance to get "The '40" on the track and my first time back on the track after a 4 year break. And what a daunting track PI is too able to get up to 240kmh up the front straight (or so said my speedo). Getting your car on the track is one thing, but getting your mind up to speed after a long break is another matter, but there no stopping me now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looking good Chris!
A GT on the track makes everything else look awkward; just look what it did to that Ferrari in pic 4. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tim.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Tim

There is some video that I took, however I don't have the ability to host it. Running it through windows movie maker at the moment... Can probably e-mail it if anyone is interested.

Bill.

Talking about GT40s (plural) on the track, I just got back from a weekend as a timing official at the Winton 6 Hr. I think it might be about time to organize a team of GT40s for the event next year. Somebody needs to show up those rascally Porsche teams /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Besides, as Bill suggested previously, I'd much rather be on the other end of the timing device. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Chris
I certainly hope to be joining you with my car in the not too distant future.... My car is getting its "colour" in early November after meticulous preparation.
As far as video of your day on the track is concerned, I've just spent the weekend at Phillip Island watching the motoGP guys go around. Man those guys have got some ball$!

I'll e-mail you the video tonight Tim. It isn't that long, but it does show Chris' car in beautiful up close motion.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards

Bill.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Tim

I just copied the DV file from my camera onto my hard drive and configured it to DVD format. The size of the file is 158Mb! I couldn't believe a 5 1/2 minute video could be that large....
Short of burning a CD copy and mailing it to you, how do I compress it for e-mail purposes???

Bill.

Back