RF ignition switch

Hi,

I'm after an ignition switch for my RF. It has the Mazda steering lock and switch, and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.Hunting around the forum I've found mention that its from a Mazda 626. Does anyone know part numbers for the switch, or from what model/year of 626 that they are from. Tried a 1993 one from a breakers yard, which was different, so wouldnt work. The local Mazda dealers need a model/year or a part number as there were quite a few changes to the switches.

The switch and steering lock supplied by RF was an aftermarket copy of the Mazda switch,made by "Great More" but cant find these anywhere for sale.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

we have these in stock, PM delivery details if you would like to proceed.

Please always feel free to contact us directly with these questions, it may save you a heap of time trying to work out what the part is off and where to get it,

Regards Paul RF

Hi,

I'm after an ignition switch for my RF. It has the Mazda steering lock and switch, and I'm having trouble finding a replacement.Hunting around the forum I've found mention that its from a Mazda 626. Does anyone know part numbers for the switch, or from what model/year of 626 that they are from. Tried a 1993 one from a breakers yard, which was different, so wouldnt work. The local Mazda dealers need a model/year or a part number as there were quite a few changes to the switches.

The switch and steering lock supplied by RF was an aftermarket copy of the Mazda switch,made by "Great More" but cant find these anywhere for sale.

Jerry

Hi Chris,

The center plastic piece of the switch cracked, which i noticed when building the car. One drop of superglue and all was fixed.....1 year later and it cracked again stranding me in a petrol station, which luckilly was only about 100 yds from home, so a quick walk home to get a length of wire to hotwire it and got it running. Tried the breakers yard switch, which turned out to be the wrong age, it was rotated to far around to get the starter to go.then noticed that this one was cracked in the same position.

Time for a new one. no point having the 40 running wondering where the switch was going to leave me stranded next time.

Jerry

have bought from the new rf and they have been superb at sending things, Just seat belt and mirriors to go OH YEAH plus a roush garanteed engine rebuild and should be on way to sva!!!!

Back