RF Racecar in Australia

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
There is a great, no unbelievable deal available on ebay Australia - here.

Not affiliated with seller, don't even know the car.......

I can't believe the price either....:shocked:

Bill

Does anybody know this car and have some thoughts on how easy it would be to get this car road registered?

I would be VERY interested to know. (obviously I have asked the seller but am looking for a more independant view here)

Regards

Jack

The same car has been on my105.com for quite a while but priced at $90k
A mate of mine has seen it run at Phillip Island (from memory) while he was running in another category and suggested that it does go pretty hard.

Hi Bill and Jack,

I know of this car, it has good credentials as a track day\race car and I was interested some time ago when it first came on the market. Similar to Ross Nichols car but not as developed.

As a small block Ford chassis it would not be possible to register the car in Victoria, I understand there may be a window of opportunity for a Queensland purchaser to convert and get registered there.

Jack, registration wise, its an issue you would be best to seek advice expert opinion from Paul Bottomly at RF

Still as Bill says and I agree great value for money IMHO

Andrew

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Andrew/Jack

I have a friend who has a Cobra here in Victoria and it is not yet complete. It has a 302 and his engineer claims that he can get the 302 through until the end of the year.
I don't know the engineer or how/under what regs he can do this however it may be possible to register the car in this fashion.
Regarding the car, it is a 383 Windsor which is based on a 351SBF?? RF only engineered the 302 for compliance so this engine would need to be replaced.
If you were registering it for Club rego, then you only need a RWC and to join a club like the Lotus club.
Food for thought...

Thanks guys. I suspected that a newer engine would be required for road use. Almost certainly some other modifcations too. Still a bargain for the right buyer.

Regards

Jack

Gents,

the current state of play in Vic is that you can only go 3 years back for date of manufacture meaning this car, although manufactured in about 99-2000 will be required - at this point in time - to copmply with ADR 79 ie 4.6 or 5.4.

There is a clause in ADR79 which talks about the volume of vehicles manufactured by a company or individual per annum which may allow a 37/01 engine (302) to still be used whenever the vehcile is completed as long as the begin date is prior Dec '04.

This is being tested now at EPA level but at this very time Vicroads are still bound to work to the current 3 year status. With Queensland having reverted to 37/01 hopefully other states might follow. The registering authorities realise the (minute) global contribution of emissions by ICV's.

This is a really well developed car and Daryl has always been pleasant to deal with. It will make a great track car for someone and may be registerable in the future with the std 302 engine which is an easy swap.

Regards Paul

Back