Ride Height

Is there a generally accepted/optimal ride height for the Superformance MKI? If so, how is it measured (center of . I just took delivery of P2388. Perfect timing as 2 hours after rolling it out of the trailer, the snow came. So I now have to wait until Spring for the real fun to start.

Attachments

• 2388_2.jpg
    2388_2.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 359
  • 2388_1.jpg
    2388_1.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 425

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
It is covered in the manual......which you most likely did not receive! The manual is not printed and it seem most dealers don't supply in any form. If you email me I can forward a PDF of the manual. rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com

Shaun

Supporter
That is a stunning paint scheme, its what I want on my 40, was in two minds as to which way to go but having seen this beauty my mind is made up, cracking car Cameron. Love the wheels as well, well frankly love it all :)

"Optimal" is the big question---"optimal" for racing, street what? I am using my car (2372---a MKII) for street use, only, and so am starting to experiment with the settings.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Yes, I know, and I suspect that might limit somewhat how much you can add! You can also add just under a half inch at the front by going to 225 60 15 tires from 215s. Interestingly, the Owner's Manual talks of total toe in "Minutes", so I had to research that, convert, and I learned something new!

Regards,
/s/ Chris

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
IMHO, the 225 60s look really strange in the wheel well of a Superformance. The claimed difference is 0.7", but it looks like a lot more on the car.

My $0.02 priced for value.

Thanks Ron, I'll measure mine, but suspect I'm lower in both measures at this point. I do know that at the lowest point at the center of nose of the car I'm at 3" . That will be a combination of overall height and front to rear differential. I'm running the Avon's too, which doesn't help clearance.

As the car arrived literally 30 minutes before It started snowing up here, and will now stay in the garage until Spring as they salted the roads. I have lots of familiarization and tinker time. Maybe I can trailer it South for testing!

Exactly where to measure is tricky (admittedly, in my limited experience). For example, if you mean by your reference to "at the lowest point at the center of nose of the car" the painted fiberglass section, that actually is a little lower on my car than both the metal brace at the front of the radiator and the apparent "floor area" of the underside. What I have done is chop off a ruler at about 5" and started measuring many places. One place I have also measured is from the ground to the lowest point of the frame right in front of the left front wheel. My concern is not so much messing up fiberglass, but having some frame or other key section grab onto the payment and really do a number. I did see a racing MKI for sale at Hillbank earlier this year with 225s in front and, I agree, they look a little large, but what's interesting is that in my Owner's Manual they are listed as the front tire size and, on balance, I'll take the extra clearance. Anyhow, I will work on this over the next month and report back my progress, or lack thereof. I am really enjoying this discussion!

/s/ Chris

Correction----actually, my Owner's Manual says 225/50/15, not 225/60/15, so I stand corrected. Perhaps the current 215/60/15 Avons that seemed to be used are the closest Avons to 225/50.

Regards,
/s/ Chris

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Correction----actually, my Owner's Manual says 225/50/15, not 225/60/15, so I stand corrected. Perhaps the current 215/60/15 Avons that seemed to be used are the closest Avons to 225/50.

Regards,
/s/ Chris
The 225/60 tires fit a Mark II but not a Mk I. A MK I is usually fit with 205/60 however some 215/60 tires will clear. When the manual was done the Avon CR6ZZ tires were not available and the common fitment was Yokohama 50 series in the front.

Back