Roaring Forties 105

Jim, that is COOOOOOOL!!

Perhaps one day I would like to visit you to pick up a few tricks especially when I get to the difficult part of my build.

Z.C.

Always welcome

The hard bits will be all the reverse curves around the front wheels, By the time you have made all the other panels you will be ready for the reverse curves.
Start with the easy stuff, dont try to make things in one piece, small parts are much easier.

You will get hooked once you start.

Jim

please tell me that is the all ford day in geelong Victoria ahh no
how do the roundals stay on jim?
be prepared for a stampied where ever you take it jim
jim does this mean rick and allan are now free to help me
on Saturdays:laugh::laugh::laugh:
chris

please tell me that is the all ford day in geelong Victoria ahh no
how do the roundals stay on jim?
be prepared for a stampied where ever you take it jim
jim does this mean Rick and Albret are now free to help me
on Saturdays:laugh::laugh::laugh:
chris

Roundals are vinyl, they wont come off.

Yes Rick has been demoted to tea bitch and Albert has been in hospital for 3-4 weeks,they had to pull him apart so hes not good, dont think he will be back for a while.

I will let them know you have an opening.

Jim

Jim, I have spent the last few days reading your build. A true inspiration and absolute credit to you. Well done. Ian

fantastic job jim .I,ve been watching this for a while and it,s been watching the car come to life .truley inspirational work . well done

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Jim, are you still going to the Cars & Coffee at Terry Hills on Sunday 3rd ?

Hope to see you there.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Please! Someone get some outside shots of Jim's beauty and post them on the forum.....I'm currently using one of his photo's (the front nose twin nostril shot) and I need some fresh stuff. Man, I'd love to see the car in the flesh.

Here are some pictures of Jim's car (gather you will need facebook to view)

The comprehensive album can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.512072975592533.1073741849.198925266907307&type=1

These were shot by a mate of mine, see his portfolio here: www.alphotography.com.au

If anyone in Sydney would like a photo shoot of their car please give Aaron a yell!

cheers
Stu

Stu, tell your mate he did a bang up job in capturing the event and he has a great eye for lighting. Quite the collection of cars in that group.

Jim your GT 40 just looks brilliant amongst some heavy hitters and certainly does a great job of holding its own in the collection seen. The side shot of your car still leaves me breathless.

Thank you for posting Stu. Any more?

Many thanks Stu...I owe you one mate. More great shots of the car. I need to ask Jim...is that a window winder on his door? Hmmm

Many thanks Stu...I owe you one mate. More great shots of the car. I need to ask Jim...is that a window winder on his door? Hmmm

No that is the door opener , I did have the period items in the glass body but I found it hard with my shoulders to reach back.
Sometimes you need to just get practical.

It is the throttle levers I had laser cut.
I looked right for the job.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 503

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,
I have a pile of unmodified original Hartwell latches here.
Let me know if you fancy a set, gratis of course.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Hartwell Latches.jpg
    Hartwell Latches.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Back