Roaring Forties Chassis #78

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
The following photograph shows chassis #78 and its polished stainless steel engine bay panels.

Attachments

• 26711-Untitled-21.jpg
    26711-Untitled-21.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 820

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Robert !!
That is some very nice craftsmanship shown in these two postings. You truely have a product both you and the lucky owner can be proud of. Keep up the good work.
Brian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fantastic workmanship, Robert...I'm sure it took a lot of effort to get those panels to come out looking that good. I bet your pedastal-mounted buffing wheel got a workout!

As much as I like the workmanship, I'm afraid that engine bay is so clean and shiny that a typical engine might disappear in there...it could be overwhelmed by all the glitter whereas the engine really should be the center of attention, especially in a show car such as this. Accordingly, my advice to the owner would be to keep the engine and the exhaust pipes dark so they contrast well against the shiny panels. A black-painted engine block, generous anodizing of the accessories and carb/EFI trumpets, and a set of black Gurney Weslake replica valve covers would look noce in that engine bay.

Seen the "before" photo's, just waiting for the "after" ones, when you have returned from shakedown/testing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifThe other GTD 40 boy's give ME stick for excessive use of the polishing mitt on a race car...good to see your hard effort!

Robert Logan

Chassis #78, completed minus engine and gearbox. We are just tying her down in the shipping container at the moment.

Merry Christmas Chuck and the Roaring Forties Family in the USA and the rest of the world.

Robert.

Attachments

• 27383-Untitled-1.jpg
    27383-Untitled-1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 736
Awesome. Can you post more pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I would like to ogle it some more.

Robert Logan

Well, another one of my babies has left the nest, how sad !!!!!!

This car will be at the Knotts and Carslile shows in 2004 hopefully with the owner and I look forward to showing you all it then. There has been several improvements since the first car that we showed at both the above shows. These improvements or refinements I will be happy to demonstrate at the shows.

I hope you all have a Happy and Holey Christmas and a prosporus New Year,

Best wishes,

Robert

Well it's time to come out of the closet. I'm the eventual owner of #78. I have had a 35 year love relationship with Porsches the last one being a 993TT but with the introduction of a water cooled engine and a truck; well that was too much. I'm eagerly waiting it's arrival in Arizona next month. It's been a pleasure working with both Robert and Hersh.

Chuck,
WECOME TO THE FORUM !!
I'm sooo glad you finally got those photos up. This car is stunning in the photos, I'm really looking forward to when it gets here and I can see it for real.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back