Roaring Forties - Levy Racing

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Roaring Forties have terminated all relationships with Gordon Levy and Levy Racing.

All enquiries for our cars should be made to myself at the Australian factory at
Roaring Forties GT40s or through Hershal Byrd at [email protected]

The circumstances for this action will be made public once our lawers allow me to release the facts.

Best wishes to all,

Robert

[Asked to edit to correct text and links. Permissions set improperly for RF. Ron]

Maybe you should have asked your lawyers before posting such verbiage on a public forum. Its obvious you didn't by the grammar and spelling in your post.

Hi Bart,
Why the inflammatory remarks toward Robert?
His spelling and grammer has nothing to do with this situation.
The attorneys were in fact the ones who advised this procedure.
It may not be to your liking but we all do what we have to to make things right.
So what is your connection to this situation that would urge you to say such a thing?
I'm sure that an attorney would certainly advise against such statements as yours.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hersh-

I agree with you. Robert was simply stating that the busines arrangement between RF Australia and Levy Racing was terminated. Nothing slanderous was said or implied.

Now what do I do if I want to buy a RF kit. Oh, whoa is me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bill D - lost and confused in L.A.

Why you contact Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brett

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Bart,

I did take advice from my lawers before I posted but I felt that the family on the forum needed to be aware of the situation. I have asked Hershal to act on my behalf in the US and he agreed. Hershal is very well respected on the forum and with the GT40 family in general.

I hope the situation between Gordon and myself is finalised quickly but life must go on.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert-

When you say Hersh is acting on your behalf, does that mean he is your new US dealer?

Thanks
Bill D

[ QUOTE ]
Roaring Forties have terminated all relationships with Gordon Levy and Levy Racing.

All enquiries for our cars should be made to myself at the Australian factory at
Roaring Forties GT40s or through Hershal Byrd at [email protected]

The circumstances for this action will be made public once our lawers allow me to release the facts.

Best wishes to all,

Robert

[Asked to edit to correct text and links. Permissions set improperly for RF. Ron]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! What a shock. It seemed like a perfect relationship.

Hmmmm.....I was wondering when that situation was going to be made public or come to a head. I had heard a few things, and that's why I posted to Hersh about it two weeks ago.

Hersh, since you are the new rep, where can I get a set of those aluminum deck covers with the large oval holes like you have on your car? I sent you an e-mail, maybe it didn't get through, Scott

HILLY

Supporter
"VERBIAGE"

Was I the only one that went running for the lexicon ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The world is full of nit-pickers. I enjoyed working with Gordon and he was very instrumental in my decision to buy an RF. Having said, I also very much enjoyed with with Hershal. I wish Gordon the very best and think that Hershal will be very good for RF.

I did notice on page 8 of the December issue of Kit Car Builder that the ad for Levy Racing says not a word about RF.

Hershal,

As you know, I am a Levy Racing customer. I am looking to add another car. The Roaring Forties is currently my first choice. This is based, for the most part, on Gordon's assessment of the car.

I am not privy to all the circumstances as to what is happening with Levy Racing/Roaring Forties. Only two people are and everyone else only knows what they hear.

When I read Robert's post, I felt that the comments about "circumstances" and "lawyers" were unnecessary to let people know that Gordon and Robert were not going to do business and was designed to do more than just make an announcement. I also felt that a lawyer would have provided exact wording for the post and not let Robert put it in his own words, leading me to believe that Robert did this on his own. (Spelling reference.) The only thing that "urged" me to post something was I felt the post should not have included this slant.

That is still my feeling on the matter. That is how I took the thread. I am only a third party observer. As I said, only Robert and Gordon know all the facts.

The only reason I answered your questions was out of the respect I have for you. If you would like to discuss any further, call and we can talk.

I met Robert several years ago on one of his first fact finding tours in the States. He even spent a couple of days in my home. I will go so far as to say that I think that Robert and his camp run a first class business. Whatever happened between Gordon and Robert isn't unusual in the business world. Sometimes people don't see eye to eye all the time. I have alot of respect for Robert, his integrity, and his product. No, I didn't buy a RF 40 at that time because unfortunately, at that time he had not put the finishing touches on the left hand drive version. Someday..........

Back