Ronnie Spain book

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
It would be nice. The last revision, which I stupidly bought, was the old version with a new cover. In the meantime, the SA World Registry has the best list of all of them, but it costs quite a bit of money. This is fair, IMHO; the amount of work they did was formidable and the number of potential sales not that great. It is very well done, and I highly recommend it. (full disclosure- two of my cars, my GT40 and my Kirkham Cobra, are in it)

Am I right in thinking there will be a new version of the GT40 "bible" out soon?

For some time I have been trying to contact Ronnie Spain, but without success. Somebody who has recently worked with him very closely tells me that Ronnie is working hard on the new book, and that it is going to be a major re-write. One big problem is that that there is simply so much new information which could be included - what can be left out?

Bearing in mind that to go from finished manuscript to a product on the shelf of your bookstore can take many months, don't hold your breath - it may be quite a while before we can get our hands on the GT40 New Testament!

In the meantime, dig deep and buy the new Cobra/GT40 Registry - it's a splendid piece of work.

John S Allen

Back