S F O S 2008

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys,

For all the well heeled members here. Consider coming out to NZ for SFOS 2008. Your overseas currency goes a long way when converted to NZ dollars!:)

Comprehensive details here :-

http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/pdfs/Skope_classic_2008.pdf

Further info about Ruapuna Skope 2008 here :-

The Canterbury Car Club, Christchurch, New Zealand

I see they are featuring CanAm and Allards at these meetings. Also F5000 and FAtlantic and of course all the classic tintops as well.

I also see they have deemed Levels circuit at Timaru unsuitable (too small) for CanAm..... God knows where they got that idea.... :confused:

I would have thought if it was OK for F5000 it would be fine for CanAm. I have seen some great CanAm sports car battles there in it's heyday when the track was even smaller. Gary Pedersen in the Gemco (M8 type car built with info from McLaren) and Graham Harvey in the Ozzie built Elfin going hammer-and-tongs in the Championship rounds in the 70's. Beaurocracy gone mad again......:mad:

Nevertheless an excellent series of meetings on three consecutive weekends held during the lovely NZ summer. Some members on this forum have already indicated they are considering bringing cars out.

Hope to see some of you here. Anyone thinking of attending, either to race or spectate, feel free to contact me.

Cheers

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
It's only a couple of weeks away now. Can't wait to see the CanAm and F5000's

I will be at Ruapuna and Teretonga on both Sat and Sun. Not sure about Levels, but, if I make it down there, Sunday only for Levels.

I'll only be looking. Car's not ready.:mad:

You'll probably find me in the pits somewhere....If anyone wants to meet up you can get me on 021 075 2199

Cheers,

Back