'Sealing' the dashboard.

Hi all,

Fitting the dashboard at present. The moulding is a copy of the KVA I believe, and I have modified each end to allow removal without disturbing the screen/spider/roll cage.

However, once roughly assembled, the front edge of the dash hangs in space, just under and just short of the spider. The gap between spider and the top of the dash varies a bit, from about 25mm to 40mm or so at the edges.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sealing this gap, and to stop the dash top vibrating?

Clive

Hi Clive,

I am in the midst of re-installing my dashboard on my KVA.

Previously, I think that the dash had been fitted and then the spider bolted down on top of it.

Removal necessitated breaking the windscreen, and with the spider lifted, the dash could be pulled ourt.

As I don't want to go through all that again, I have bolted the dashboard to the chassis on either side, and fitted a rubber edging strip on the bottom of the flange at the leading edge of the dash, with 25mm s/adhesive foam strip above, in effect between the top of the dash and the bottom face of the spider.

It is rock solid and will NOT move.

Hope this helps........and good luck.

I chopped my dash to get it to fit the way I wanted, I cut the front away were it meets the screen, I put another return on it to give strength, I cut large v sections out of the sides ,from the sill to the side vents to square it up.
You then just glass it up and filler it looks and fits great.

Make cardboard patterns, dont do it in one hit, if you think its 40mm cut 20 and try it then keep going.
You have to get aggressive Clive.
Air hacksaw is perfect.

PS you can glass it back on if you make a bobo

Jim

Back