Search rim halves or rim Shell

Have any of you ever configured rims yourselves?
I have spent the last few hours designing the wheel face for my MK IV project, based on my Exoto model.
Now it would be very good if i could buy the rest of the rim.
As rims i need front 15x8 with 4,5" backspace
and rear 15x12 with 8" backspace

Can I buy blanks that give such dimensions somewhere to bolt them to my wheel face from the rear?

Is certainly cheaper than to make the whole rim itself.

Attachments

• Versuch_02.JPG
    Versuch_02.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Versuch_02a.JPG
    Versuch_02a.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 204
The best solution doing your besboke Wheels is to use Images rims ; they do all sort of diameter ones with multitude of back space etc etc and very reasonable price compared to the quality ( you can have 3 parts wheel with blind bolts as they are bolted by inside !!
( Used Image to built the 908 replica wheels)
So the best is to start contacting them or buying one first rim to draw the center accordingly to the fixing template they have

Another advise ; machining the center from billet is avery hight cost !! so best is once you have the final center drawing do a cast drawing and have it 3D printed so you can go to afoundry directly and ask them to cast in aluminium ( or better in magnesium to save lot of kg !!)

Try to draw only one same center for front and rear ( enventually with spacers to bolt for the foundry if they are different internally with the backspace

Last edited:
<div data-xf-p="1"><br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Image rims looks good, I'll take a closer look there. Thanks!</div>

I would look at 1 piece outers, thin the outer band, then shrink fit center to rim, and weld in. Rim barrels are about 180.00 each polished. Sizes are 15x7,8,9,10,12,14 and 15 wide. We can supply them to you.

Back