Seat belt floor mount S-wrapping

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I took some seat belts off the floor of the car, but now I'm not quite sure I'm reassembling them correctly, and I can't find any reference for it in a search anywhere. I thought I used an SCCA rule book when I did this initially, but now can't find it.

Anyway, the assembly is where the belt wraps around two metal plates in maybe and "S" configuration so that when bolted to the floor the plates compress the strap, and prevents it from slipping. Something like the drawing below. Can anybody here tell me if this is the correct way of wrapping this or supply a diagram?

standard.jpg

Neil

Supporter
Try the Simpson or DJ Safety web sites. I think there is a diagram there somewhere.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Typically - harnesses are wrapped around a round tube that is bolted on both sides to the chassis or floor with appropriate backup washers (steel floor only) to prevent the bolts from pulling through. Attached is the appropriate belt loop diagram that may help in your case..
4741A9C7-E23C-4B30-A33A-4377A283882A.png

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Thanks Randy, Neil.
Yeah, this was needed mostly due to sitting basically on the floor of the tub, and utilizing this option for the anti-submarine belts

Back