"settled down for a long winters nap...."

With the tracks closed for the winter and the car safely sleeping in the garage, dreams of new comers with hopes of beating the SLC getting lapped in the cool spring air dance through the drive train. Sleep well my friend! Spring is right around the corner and we are ready!

IMG_0664.jpg

For the first time in a decade I don't have to do major repairs or build a new car this winter. That, my friends, is why I bought an SLC!:thumbsup:

Let's see where your car sleeps.

Alex looks like you closed off the lower opening of the air ducts behind the front wheels I assume this was to keep the dirt out, did you use rubber belting?
also you staggered your brake reservoirs what was the reason for this?
Thanks
Grant

Alex looks like you closed off the lower opening of the air ducts behind the front wheels I assume this was to keep the dirt out, did you use rubber belting?
also you staggered your brake reservoirs what was the reason for this?
Thanks
Grant

The way I bent the radiator hose (corrugated tubing) drew the hose really fricken close to the the 2 spaced out reservoirs, so I pushed them away from it. If i hadn't bent the hose the way I did I could have left them as is, but I chose to bend it to make a smooth bend and to make certain it touched nothing (that corrugated tubing has 0 abrassion resistance and can get a hole worn in it very quickly if it touches anything)

After a quick 2 second drive I found the a crap load of rocks on the lower ledge - I figured it'd take like 1 drive before the area would be destroyed, so i blocked the lower portion of the opening (not the entire opening, less than 1/2 way up) ....... it's 2 layers of 6oz. fiberglass cloth with bedliner (so it's perfectly flexibly and impact resistant, and easy to replace)

Back