Shelby Meet in DFW Texas on 10/29/04

All,

Here are some professional shots of my GT taken at the Shelby meet in Fort Worth at Texas Motor Speedway. The track is only about 15 minutes from my house, and as a bonus, the Friday track session was s shared track day with the SCCA regionals. They were having a regional meet on Saturday & Sunday, that's always a fun event.

I actually got black-flagged by a marshall on my second time out. He said I was going too slow on the road course and not giving anyone a chance to pass in the straights. He may be right on the roadcourse, but no one was supposed to pass on the road course. I was quick on the straights, but when we got on the oval, I did not go past 100-120 or so. Just not enough seat time in a mid-engine car. The other guy on the track who had the fastest all around car was the same guy who set up my suspension. He agreed, that my car was clearly faster than his, just need to get a feel for how far I can push the car.

All in all, a great experience. Now, if I can just find some video of me that day so I can see where I need to improve.

The local Shelby Club is SCAT; Shelby Cobra Association of Texas, and their url is www.scatracks.org. They will be posting pictures there soon.

http://www.hart-photography.com/MotorSports04/tde1004tms/67/albums.html

Enjoy,

Back