Shift Linkage

Anyone with a right-hand drive car able to provide a picture of the linkage arrangement at the 016 box? I have gotten my selector shaft modified and am ready to drop in the gearbox this weekend. A picture would be great.

Pat,

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for. I am also hoping get my engine and transaxle mocked up in my car this weekend. Don't mind the dirty transaxle...it still has to go to GTA for a rebuild and cleaning.

DSC01238.jpg

DSC01239.jpg

Thanks Dan, do you get enough cross gate ( side to side ) movement on the lever to achieve sufficient movement at the gearbox end ? Frank

Frank,

I don't know yet. Everything is just mocked up right now. Nothing is tightened up. I only WISH I was that far along. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan, I was assmbling the shift lever today and was reading the manual which states "nut should face into cockpit which will give the correct phasing of spline flat at rear of #1 rod". If my vision is correct, yours would seem to be backwards of what the manual recommends. Can anyone else chime in?

Pat, you are very observant! I noticed the rod was backward when I test fit the rod that connects to the transaxle. It has to be turned to allow the bolt to be installed.

Back