***SOLD*** SLC for sale in Canada ***SOLD***

Turn key Superlite for sale
Registered as a 2015 in Alberta wasn't actually driven till mid 2016
Car hasn't been driven much at all and is why I am selling I just have no time and its a shame to see it sitting all year, every year. It came in second at the world of wheels only because I left the dust rag on the floor other wise it would have placed first. Steals the show at every show and shine nothing here compares to it. Buyer beware you better like talking about the car when you take it out you will be swarmed. Never been tracked or out of four gear for that matter.
LS7 640 hp
Ricardo transaxle
Brembo brakes
Tangerine Candy Orange
Custom Interior
Digi-dash
MOMO wheel with center controls
HYD suspension lift in front
All hoses have AN fittings
Swirl tank
Built in radar detector
Custom stereo with powered sub and focal speakers mounted in custom made kickers
Custom repackable mufflers
Custom grills
A/C only no heat
Estimated 500 kms
comes with a few extra parts
extra set full side windows
extra carbonate windshield
extra steering column
Two sets head light covers although I ended up deleting them
spare starter
Was tuned on a Chassis Dyno by CCMR
If you've been looking at the SL-Cs then you know the rest but you may not know how fast they are till you own one.
Price 140K USD.... OBO.... plus shipping if interested email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• 20200908_150144.jpg
    20200908_150144.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 4,714
  • Screenshot_20191130-120132_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191130-120132_Facebook.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 4,486
  • world of wheels.jpg
    world of wheels.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 4,362
  • 20210829_151304.jpg
    20210829_151304.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 3,390
  • 20210829_151613.jpg
    20210829_151613.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 3,034
  • 20210829_151556.jpg
    20210829_151556.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 2,969
  • 20160917_164109.jpg
    20160917_164109.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 3,366
  • 20210926_150959.jpg
    20210926_150959.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 2,756
  • 20210926_144644.jpg
    20210926_144644.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 2,662
  • 20210926_150503.jpg
    20210926_150503.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 2,562
Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Contact new member
paulouisiegel
He posted Saturday he was looking for a completed SLC. And yours is a excellent example. Look in the parts wanted section.
Regards Brian

This is a beautiful car that should have sold, I don't think it's the price holding it back, more likely to do with probable inability to get it across the border and imported to the US until 25 years old.

What would prevent this from being imported to the US? I have seen SLC supernates here in the US wouldn't that make them eligilble to import? Sorry if it's a silly questions I'm truly curious.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
What would prevent this from being imported to the US? I have seen SLC supernates here in the US wouldn't that make them eligilble to import? Sorry if it's a silly questions I'm truly curious.
It's a completed kit car, which is typically ineligible for import until meeting the 25 year rule for classics. Those built and registered in the US are under domestic rules for self constructed vehicles. This is much akin to Superformance, Noble etc. bringing in rollers because fully built vehicles are ineligible without DoT compliance testing.
By example I sold my first 1993 GT40 to Canada (they have a 15 year classic rule), a few years later I was contacted by a potential US buyer as Customs would not allow it to reenter the US, despite the full chain of paperwork showing it being formerly first registered in Maine.

It's a completed kit car, which is typically ineligible for import until meeting the 25 year rule for classics. Those built and registered in the US are under domestic rules for self constructed vehicles. This is much akin to Superformance, Noble etc. bringing in rollers because fully built vehicles are ineligible without DoT compliance testing.
By example I sold my first 1993 GT40 to Canada (they have a 15 year classic rule), a few years later I was contacted by a potential US buyer as Customs would not allow it to reenter the US, despite the full chain of paperwork showing it being formerly first registered in Maine.

Appreciate the answer. I was under the impression that since there are SLC Superlite cars available here in the states and they can be bought and titled here there were not any issues.

But what you are saying makes sense. Is this the case with all kit cars? is it the fact it was registered that makes it complete? or could you ship it without an engine and have it become an incomplete kit car?

There are rules that govern importing anything into the US, cars being just one such item. You can not simply buy a BMW in Canada and drive it across the border thinking you can register it in the US, in spite fo the fact there are BMWs here in the US. The fact the SLC is a kit makes the problem far worse. I do believe if you took it apart and tried to bring parts back in, you would have a much easier time. But who knows as the rules seem to change and those enforcing them seem to determine how they are enforced. And forget about ever trying to register such a car in California.

Kyle

Supporter
Take the car apart, engine out. Front clam and rear clam removed. Bring it down to South Florida and it’ll sell quickly.

It could be brought into the states as a racecar, then put it through the DMV as a home built as if it was built there. Just saying.
or pull the motor and it goes over as a roller.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
It could be brought into the states as a racecar, then put it through the DMV as a home built as if it was built there. Just saying.
or pull the motor and it goes over as a roller.
That avenue will see it designated "for racing purposes only" and requires a statement from the manufacturer it was constructed for racing purposes only! The chassis still has identifying marks and a VIN that will get tagged by EPA and make it almost impossible to register. A roller might work, but if it's titled already and no MSO that might be harder than it first appears too!

What are the rules if it was driven in the US then sold while in the US. Would it pose problems registering the car or for the person selling it.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
What are the rules if it was driven in the US then sold while in the US?

They are the same. Ask your DMV what they'd tell you if you brought your newly purchased vehicle in for registration on a Canadian title.

I had a Canadian roommate earlier in life and he had his 250,000 km GMC 1 ton pickup which had BC plates on it for its entire stay in the US (years...).

I'm willing to dismantle if anyone wants to bring it into the States as a roller. You can have it back together in a day.
Cheers,

Back