smiths gauges

I am after some help sourcing speedo connection loom
for speedo and tacho they are electronic and have the
name caerbont on them have tried to email them but
no luck speedo is 8 pin connector tach is 6 pin
I have a full set of gauges so if anyone can point
me in the right direction that would be fantastic
chris

Speedy Cables is owned by Caebont. They are VDO agents and also own the original Smiths gauges tooling. I have the excellent VDO gauges but with Smiths faces so they look period correct, very accurate and very reliable - perfect solution!

thanks steve and chris have been off line for a while so sorry for not answering ian Anderson helped me out located the parts I needed
bought them /posted them to me all for nothing so if I can help some
one else I will do so what goes around comes around thanks fellas
chris

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Chris,

Almost correct.
But they don't own the correct tooling for the Smiths gauges that were unique to the GT40, nor the technical logs and microfische plates.
If you need to, check out my site.
Anyway, Le Mans here i come...

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Does anyone know the length of a GTD40 mechanical speedo cable? The inner has gone on mine and they seem difficult to obtain. I don't want to go to a digital version and change sensor and instrumentation, unless I have to.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Is there such a thing as a “standard length” for a GTD40 speedo cable, or will I have to take it all out to measure it?
I have measured the (broken) inner and it seems to be 3.295 Metres ( 130 inches) but the cable that used to be supplied (NLA) by Tornado was 157 inches long.
Looking at the routing of my cable, it seems a bit tight, so a longer one might be better.

Back