Sources: Prepped CV Joints & Custom Axles

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Looking for recommended sources for 930 CV joints; lightened, high strength cages, polished and prepped. Also need custom length 28 spline 300m axles. Basically just looking for sources for axle blank, cut to length, and machine snap ring grooves on the latter. It's for non-GT40 (Pantera) application.

Searched this site but didn't come up with much in the way of sources. Found quite a few sources on general web search but just looking for some recommendations from those with past experience.

Thanks,
Kelly

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
When I did my 930 CV axle conversion on my 240Z, I used Sway-Away axles. Non-grooved with about 3" of spline on each end lets you determine the exact location for the grooves. Once grooves are cut, you can just lop off the remaining portion of the splines.

Kelly,
I used the Driveshaft Shop. I believe they are the suppliers for RCR. They can make up what ever you want and whatever ends you want. They have a fast turnaround and shipping. Takes only a day or two to get the order and have it shipped. Located in North Carolina and are willing to talk through what you want and the requirements for it:

THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP

THE DRIVE SHAFT SHOP
1531 SOUTH MAIN ST
SALISBURY NC 28144

9:00-4:30 Monday Thru Friday
//Eastern Standard Time
800-564-2244 Orders
704-633-2380 Tech
704-633-2385 Fax

Bill

I can help you with the CV Joints if you are needing the inner CV. Boots, clips, 28 splines, grease, and joints for both are $300.00 plus shipping.

Always here to help.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work

Back