spa 2010

I've been to spa with my daughter yesterday evening and this morning.
saw a couple of gt's getting sooked because it was raining so hard.
spoke to phil who was quite lucky he made some 360's with his gtd without hitting anything so he went home in one piece as wel as his car (hope he got home savely).
I saw three gt shelby's with damage.
When i saw the 40's...ahhhh i want to get started on my car again....
hope within a couple of weeks maybe.....

Anyone else been there?
cheers
Frankl

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Frank,

Yes I've been to Spa, twice in fact. The first time around 1991, we arrived in the town (mid week), just wanting to look at the great track. A cop at La Source told us we could not stop there, so we turned back. just up the road was what had to be a parking lot for racing so we drove through the lot and at the bottom was an open gate. We drove through the gate, turned right and in a few hundered feet there was an FIA curb!!!!

We had entered the track right at the lowest part of Au Rouge!!! We spent 20 minutes going back and forth up hill the wrong way (not to close to La Sourch due to the cop) and then back through Au Rouge, and along the straight. What fun!!!

The second time was in 2007, for the race, sat at Au Rouge and saw Kimi R win a very boring race.

Although the race was boring, the track is in a most beautiful spot and well worth the trip from California.

Frank,
Visited in 2004 for an open track day with some friends from Aachen Germany. Great time and a beautiful setting.

Wow. I really enjoyed watching that Malcolm. Thanks for posting. One day perhaps when my car's done, you'll be able to show me how?!! :) :thumbsup:

Glenn M

Supporter
Hey Malcolm, Gold track have got another double day at Spa mid October, fancy doing it again? Might get some rain that time of year to make it interesting!

Malcolm

Supporter
That would be fun Glenn but car has not yet been even cleaned after last year let alone serviceable! Smack my wrist! The way your car is running so well now you should go and blitz the place.

I`ve been to Spa four times I think when I used to race Mini Se7ens, we always did an oversea`s race, what a track, stunning. Mind lap times were rather slow, we only had 100hp but we were pulling 126mph according to the data loggers. They used to send the Miglias off first (1300cc and circa 140bhp) then us, we started on the main straight on the run down to Au Rouge, I can tell you 55 mini sevens arriving at the base of Au Rouge concentrates the mind. We used to go the bar up by the hair pin, fantastic chips and mayonayse, yummmmmmmmm!

Wow, Malcolm, what a great video!!
And some serious driving, respect!
I am with Frank, if anybody is going there for a trackday, please let me know.

Back