Spark Plugs

I am looking for a bit of advice on spark plug choice?

I have a mildly tuned 302 with a holley 650cfm standard heads with a small amount skimmed off them.

Ignition is electronic with a ford EDIS 8 with a megajolt programmable ECU.

My usual supplier supplies NGK but other may be available.

Thanks in anticipation of your help

Robin

Kevin Box

Supporter
Robin

My experience with NGKs is all good.
In performance applications they are the one plug which always behaves the same.
Once you have a heat range that suits your apllication they're real good

By comparison I have had Champions, Autolites, Motorcraft and Delco plugs let me down under stress.

Regards Kevin B

I use BPR6EFS or BPR6EF in my 302 SVO engine.
Avoid too soft a plug - it causes high end detonation, which isn't good for the engine.
Too hard and it'll run cold and foul up.

Hi Robin, I have a CAV with A mild 302, SVO heads,mild cam, around 9:1 compression, bundle of snakes with mufflers, msd ignition , timing @ 24 initial, 32 total, 4x48 ida webers, hydraulic roller lifters, finally got the carbs dialed in, started with RS12yc champion plugs, then went to RS14yc, which were better but still occasionally fluffy, spoke to NGK hot line, they recomended NGK TR4GP, they seem to work really well on the street even with spirited driving , more tollerant to a wider heat range, let me know what you think in your set up, Neville on Long Island, New York.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys for the advice.certainly a starting point. I should be in a position to run the enigne up in a month or so but will not be driving for about 4 months. think my first visit will be to the dyno before I actually drive it far to get the map sorted on the ECU, then will take it from there. Hopefully will find a starting map which will safely fire it up.

Anybody from Scotland have some any knowledge of a rolling road with experience of v8's and holleys?

Thanks again

Back