squeak in the front

Now having enjoyed about 3000 miles on the GT, it has developed a squeak in the front. I't thinking part of the dash. Before I start investigating, has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Gus,

There isn't much in the dash to squeak! Check, clean and lube all of the front Heim joints first and make sure the sway bar arms are secure on the splines of the torsion bar.

As Rick said check your swaybar. Mine periodically sticks in the nylon bushings with a resulting squeak. I partially disassemble things and use a silicone spray on the bushings.

While you're looking at the swaybar make sure to clean the splines on the end of any paint. When they painted my swaybar they also painted the splines which if left unchecked can strip the splines because the paint allows movement between the swaybar and the arms. I also drilled through the arms and swaybar and put in 1/8" roll pins. I posted a picture of this some time ago. The swaybar is tough stuff so go slow. Good luck and it's nice to see you're getting some seat time.

Back