Stallion Racing Components - 4bbl Carburetion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Earp

Admin
Stan is a sponsor of the forum but we don't have a banner ad for him yet. However, he posted this in the engine section about pricing for his 4bbl carbs and I thought I'd put it here while we sort out the banner advertisements. Hope you find his wares useful and maybe some of you would like to do a group buy, he's open to that.

Stan's email is "stallionracingcomponents 'at' comcast.net" if you'd like to get in touch with him (clearly replacing the 'at' with @).

----

I’ll start out by saying that while we do of course offer new, modified carburetors ready to bolt on, I also have no problem with modifying a customer-supplied core in order to reduce the customer’s final cost. The only restriction to this is that I won’t use any customer-supplied component in the build that will in any way compromise the performance or durability of the finished product. You may own it...but my name's always going to be attached to it, too.

Regarding the cost of “core” components – I maintain an N.P.A/bulk account with Holley, and normally purchase individual carburetor components rather than assembled carburetors. This saves disassembly labor, allows us to select components that are at the “optimal end” of the production tolerance range for use in our products, and it’s also somewhat less expensive for me. The portion of the final cost that our customers pay for the basic carb is always based on the lowest advertised price (usually Summit or Jegs) at the time the order is placed for the specific model Holley carburetor which would normally serve as the starting point for that build. Example: The starting point for most 750cfm based gasoline carburetors would be Holley list # 80528-1, which as of this writing is available from Summit Racing for $645.95. That would be the price the customer pays for the new carburetor itself in addition to the charges shown below for Blueprint and Pro-Prep Series modifications. For Pro-Max Series carbs, this “core” charge is actually less, with the customer receiving a “credit” for the “unused” stock metering blocks and float bowls.

Basically, the carburetor modification services we offer fit into three basic “levels”:

Blueprint Series, which includes:

Machining all of the main-body and base plate sealing surfaces square and true

Machining for screw-in air bleeds and/or transition-slot restrictions, idle circuit feed restrictions, and emulsion bleeds (if desired)

Aligning the boosters (main circuit discharge nozzles) within the factory location parameters to equalize fuel draw

Machining as necessary to assure proper (vertical) throttle plate position at W.O.T.

Secondary throttle actuation ratio as per customer requirements (or request)

Calibration of all fuel flow orifices, fuel well diameters, and emulsion area gradients, and accelerator pump discharge according to customer’s application requirements

Price $475.00

Pro-Prep Series, which includes all of the above, plus:

Venturi diameter and entry radii CNC machined to the optimum size/shape for the customer’s individual requirements

New, modified boosters installed in the optimum position within the venturi shape used

Teflon-coated throttle shafts installed, along with modifications to control throttle shaft axial movement (chief reason for “sticky” throttles and throttle bore wear)

Application-specific float and fuel bowl modifications

Dichromate finish on all zinc die-cast components

Price $970.00

Pro-Max Series, which includes all of the above, plus:

Complete venturi shape (entry, vena cava, and divergent-cone) CNC machined/optimized

Stallion Racing Components venturi extension plate (aids part-throttle fuel distribution)

Stallion Racing Components billet aluminum boosters (design depends on the application)

Stallion Racing Components billet aluminum metering blocks

Throttle shafts machined for reduce aerodynamic profile and drag

Lightweight aluminum fuel bowls

Price $1675.00

Note: Those of you who have looked closely at the posted pictures of Ron’s carb and are familiar with Holley carburetors in general will probably notice his carb is actually something of a cross between Pro-Prep and Pro-Max levels, which brings up a point I’d like to make here. Most (although not all) of the individual modifications that I’ve mentioned are “upwardly” and “downwardly” compatible with the basic levels outlined, and I’m generally happy to add additional modifications/components to a customer’s build on an “a la cart” basis…so long as those additions truly represent added value for the customer. As most any of the reputable vendors who have banners on this board will tell you, selling someone additional work that they get little or no benefit from might be good for the current month’s bottom line, but in the long term is very bad for one’s professional reputation…and for business. A big portion of the favorable reputation I enjoy in this industry is due to the fact that I believe strongly in the concept of customer service…which includes looking after my customer’s best interests. In short; if you aren’t going to see a significant gain from something, don’t expect me to get really excited about selling it to you.

I've had a couple of discussions with Ron about offering some sort of additional "GT40s.com discount" for group/multiple orders that come through this site, and I'm definitely willing to do that.

If anyone has questions or needs additional info, please feel free to ask either here or via PM.

Stan Justus
Stallion Racing Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back