Starting a GTForte Build

Hi All,

I decided to take the plunge and start a GTForte build. I have just ordered a flatpack and starting doing some research. This will be my second car I have built. The first one is a Lotus Seven. I have a mill and lathe available so I am eager to get started. Anyone recommendations or reads while I wait?

not sure if you would be advised to research this company before you part with any money ,apologies in advance if I am a little wide of the mark

Bryan Koehler

Supporter
There are some good build logs on here of the gt forte. And the flat pack kit fits together very nicely. Took about 2 months to recieve my flat pack from Darren but im in the usa so shipping took a bit. I look forward to seeing your build log grow.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Darren George and GTForte do not have a good reputation on here or the Locost forum. Bad or no deliveries reported. Check out the threads.

However if you get the flatpack check out this build thread.
Cheers
Mike

I'd consider myself ahead of the game if you got the flat pack and it is all there. GT Forte has not really been on the top of the service list for those that have gone down that route. My chassis is built up from a flat pack and modified to fit my intentions and wants.

The steel is not bad and most pcs fit well. Inevitably you will likely need more steel cut to complete it, parts are often missing or short cut. With that said, its a good start, but keep it simple and do the work and all will be fine. There is a Forte build group which may be of help, if you look into the other Forte build logs you will find mention of it and can ask to be invited.

Most people regret the Forte body because of the quality issues. More important parts ( suspension, uprights, etc ) should be sought elsewhere unless you like punishment. I gave up rather quickly on dealing with them , well Darin, but I also don't have much of a thick skin for nonsense. Buyer beware if you go further with them monetarily.

God speed and happy welding.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
TheHiddenProject - You are required to use your REAL NAME on GT40s.com as you agreed to when you registered. Please make the appropriate adjustments immediately. Thank you very much for your cooperation in this ... I am sending this also via PM.

Gtforte , is still in business, he is trading in north wales. I have one of his chassis and its ok and goes together well . But then he doesn't make them , gets someone else to do it. Ive had first hand experience of his body kit , and it's terrible really bad so don't buy one !!

Forgot to say, l had a fair bit of steel missing from my chassis kit but couldn't be bothered to try and get it from Darren so l bought it from a local steel stockholders.

Fredrik P

Supporter
I'd have to agree with the others. Dealing with GT-Forte is risky business (in my opinion). Expect delivery times to be way longer than advertised (six years and counting for som bits in my case), a lot of excuses, a lot of unanswered e-mails and finally no delivery at all. I've got the chassis kit and like Scot40 said it come together really nice. Mine also missed a fair bit of parts that I've sources elsewhere. So my personal advice would be to look elsewhere.

Bryan Koehler

Supporter
Hey Thomas hows your build coming along? Got any updates? Hope you have not been discouraged to post on here. Ive about completed my chassis and have been planing my next course of actions. Hope to see how youve been coming along on your build soon.

Back