Stoneleigh this weekend

Brian Magee

Supporter
I see the Stoneleigh Kit Car Show is listed under events on the club website for this Sunday and Monday. Does anyone know if the club has booked the normal site? If so, as there is no AGM there this year do we expect the normal large turnout? Weather permitting I shall be there.

Brian.

Hi Brian and Jerry
Hope to be there on Sunday, this is always a top show with lots to see and a large trade/autojumble, will have shopping list in hand for parts for next 40 build.
see you there,
John,

Me too! On Sunday

Attending Donnington on Monday produced an unexpected result for the ‘40’on the 140 mile route. I had filled up the tanks to brimming on leaving for the trip and stopped on the M1 when returning at a mileage of 157 where I once again filled to brimming to with 4.3 galls, equaling 36 mpg. My route was 95% motorway, M3,M25,M1 starting at 6 am and arriving at a little after 8 am, so 5th gear, 3000 rpm all the way, didn’t change gear once on the ‘M” bits, with sparse traffic conditions prevailing. The best I had achieved before was nudging 30 mpg on a trip to Castle Combe track on the M4. This figure is particularly surprising since on a trip to an Enthusiasts club meeting at West Meon on Tuesday last of some 60 miles, the fuel consumption was 19 mpg. 36 mpg is a record for me! But with at fuel now at £6.6 per imp gall ($11) it certainly comes in handy.

Me too! On Sunday

Attending Donnington on Monday produced an unexpected result for the ‘40’on the 140 mile route. I had filled up the tanks to brimming on leaving for the trip and stopped on the M1 when returning at a mileage of 157 where I once again filled to brimming to with 4.3 galls, equaling 36 mpg. My route was 95% motorway, M3,M25,M1 starting at 6 am and arriving at a little after 8 am, so 5th gear, 3000 rpm all the way, didn’t change gear once on the ‘M” bits, with sparse traffic conditions prevailing. This figure is particularly surprising 36 mpg is a record for me! But with at fuel now at £6.6 per imp gall it certainly comes in handy.

Must be like F1, 4cyls only, until 3000rpm!!!!!!!!!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sorry I was unable to reply previously we we away on holiday and I managed to keep away from PCs for a whole week! I was indeed there on Sunday, along with all those above, and a number more.

We only managed 15 GT40s on the Club stand this year, but this lower turn out was expected with many having made a large commitment the previous weekend for Donington. There was still a lot of interest in the cars and the Club, with 1 definite and a number of potential new members.

Mine was unfortunately absent due to still being in pieces in the garage... It did make our holiday to North Wales incorporating Donington on the way up and Stoneleigh on the way back somewhat easier logistically (and financially) though.

Max

Hi,
15 gt40 replicas was a good turnout for the Sunday, the weather was superb and as usual the 40s attracted much interest.
Had a good day chatting with Ian Anderson, Dave Hensley, Brian Magee and Chris Cole with his superb MK 111 equiped with a rather special transmission.
Also spent much time with Andy from tornado now that one of his fine replicas is in my shop, thanks Andy.
The trade/autojumble was as usual a good place to stock up with parts for car builds and the manufacturers stands were displaying their latest products to the enthusiastic public.
all in all an enjoyable day out indeed,
cheers
John.

Back