Storing Paperwork & Tools

Looking for some suggestions on where people store their paperwork and specific tools they may need? Paperwork should be easy, maybe a little bag to maybe slide under the seat (if even possible) or maybe some way to attach it to the back of the driver's seat? As for tools I'm not sure, build something to fit on passenger side between seat and tub? Maybe fit something waterproof in the nose, then just need to keep an allenhead inside car so I can open the hinged nose? Open to suggestions on what tools would be best to carry too, if anyone wants to share.

This works well for paperwork: FFWD to 1:25:

I put a couple strips of PPF on the tub then attached some adhesive backed velcro strips to the PPF.

I kept a small bag of my most used tools for the first few drives but I've since stopped carrying tools with me. I keep the battery pack and my tow hook now, one of which I've had to use already! ;) Think about what kind of work you could realistically do on the road, what type of failures are most likely (electrical, fuel), and any special tools.

I like the PPF and velcro idea, definitely will borrow that one.

Only thing I can think of is really allenheads and some wrenches. I don't think a socket set, even a small one, would ever really need. You have a point, I need to go by the car and do some "what if" situations and go from there for tools.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Get triple A and put the AAA card in your wallet. Take it home and fix it. Put the registration paperwork and insurance paper in a plastic bag, fold it up and place under the edge of the seat cover. Done.

AAA isn't a bad idea in general, but especially with the SLC.

I bought a cable organizer. I believe I'll be able to carry some spare wrenches in it, allenheads, paperwork, wheel key and even a couple USB cables for the phone if I ever need it. I'm hoping it'll just fit between seat back and tub since my seat is all the way back. It's something in the meantime to keep everything together instead of it all laying in the passenger seat.

I have a custom leather bag that is attached with snaps to the driver side kick panel. I keep the insurance and registration papers, and a small set of tools, duct tape (the universal repair tool) along with a LIon battery and a special harness that can be used to operate the electric door in case the main power goes out. I keep a larger jump start pack with a custom cable to attach to the existing battery jumper connector at the rear of the car, behind the driver seat.

On the Hot Rod Power Tour last year, I also brought along a spare belt, tire patch kit, portable air compressor, and some other spares, which prevented me from having a breakdown that needed them.

I have a custom leather bag that is attached with snaps to the driver side kick panel. I keep the insurance and registration papers, and a small set of tools, duct tape (the universal repair tool) along with a LIon battery and a special harness that can be used to operate the electric door in case the main power goes out. I keep a larger jump start pack with a custom cable to attach to the existing battery jumper connector at the rear of the car, behind the driver seat.

On the Hot Rod Power Tour last year, I also brought along a spare belt, tire patch kit, portable air compressor, and some other spares, which prevented me from having a breakdown that needed them.

You forgot one: zip ties

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I built a little "glove box" out of aluminum to the left of the driver's seat. It was big enough to store paperwork, phone, sunglasses, detailer, and a few tools
Superlite-SLC-D41.jpg

Superlite-SLC-F17.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I ended up getting to use for my paperwork and miscellaneous tools/fuses. I need to add pliers and few other things just to have. I should have just gotten black for the cable organizer, everything doesn't need to match and starting to get tacky IMO. It fits perfectly between driver's seat and tub, not too tight or too loose.

IMG_20190707_234512.jpg

IMG_20190707_234532.jpg

Back