Supeformance GT40 pricing action

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Regrettably, the distributor has announced a price increase for Superformance GT40 rollers effective August 4, 2013. Numerous pricing pressures including materials, labor, ocean transport, insurance etc. have forced this action.

For those who have been on the sidelines waiting to order, this may be the time. While I hate to be the "used car" guy who says "buy now, the deal will never be better" sadly this is the truth.

A new order system allows a small "slot deposit" to put your order in rotation for production. When your order comes up for build the balance of the deposit is due. If you do not wish to continue your slot deposit will be returned and the next order moves up or you can put your order on hold until such time as you wish to move ahead (within reason....no "three year" holds!)

I have notified a couple of customers who have been working on ordering and it looks like they are going ahead. With production out at least 10 months currently this system allows you to get in line without a large outlay of capital.

Feel free to contact me for details.

Thanks Rick for the update. As a customer who placed a deposit back in December 2012, I'd like to add my encouragement to do so. It's really a no lose situation for anyone considering a GT40 purchase. I think this is the second price increase since I placed my deposit. Nice to be locked in at the lower pricing. The refundable deposit gets you in line. Configuration details can wait until production date gets closer. I hear my build is scheduled for September/October. Plenty of time to get things all squared away and sorted out in time for Spring 2014 (I hope!!!).

I sold a Superformance Cobra to make room for the GT40 - my dealer was even willing to get creative with funding the deposit out of signing my Cobra up for a consignment sale. Ended up not being necessary as I sold my Cobra very quickly (for a little more than I paid for it). The fact that my Superformance Cobra sold in November within two weeks of listing it and for a little more than I paid was one of many reasons I chose to go with Superformance again.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
so what is the new price? what is it top secret?

Not "top secret" at all. Email or PM and I will forward the price sheet.

I prefer not to post pricing on forums as it invariably turns into a bitch session/brand comparison/"us vs. them" type of thread that serves no one. Anyone who is genuinely interested in the car will usually spend the two minutes to email or call for details. And "genuine interest" does not mean we ignore people who may not be ready to purchase, may not be financially able to purchase at this time or just want information. We understand not everyone is a buyer, BUT all here ARE GT40 enthusiasts and deserve to be treated with the same level of respect.

I spend more time dealing with owners who purchased their chassis elsewhere or have lost the dealer who supplied the chassis than with new prospects. We try to help all GT enthusiasts regardless of what brand GT replica they may have. Often we are unable to help with parts due to the differences between the original type chassis of the Superformance, but we do try. Kudos to Fran at RCR for his open door policy for non-RCR owners also.

For the record the price increase is $5000 on the chassis. Option prices have not changed.

email rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com for a brochure file and options/price list if you would like the details.

Back