ERA GT40

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
ERA Mk I 2087 car was buffed, polished, and waxed. Period correct FORD Guardsman Blue with a Racing White painted stripes. This is an LHD ERA stainless steel monocoque model with built in roll bar. This beautiful Mk I example has front canards.
The car is in Wisconsin. VIN# ERA2087.
In addition to other ERA cars, this car has added front structure reinforcement that now allows the front of the car to be raised with the traditional lifting jack. The added front tow bar is also designed to allow the car to towed/tied down without fear of damaging the chassis or painted body panels.
Power plant: Dart 390 cubic inch topped with 4- polished WEBER 48 IDA carburetors feed by selectable dual fuel pumps. Engine is fully forged approx. 575HP. It's outfitted with: full polished Cobra intake, MSD ignition ensemble, bread box style valve covers. Fuel-delivery arrangement is designed to be a circulating system... therefore, no vapor-lock issues. The setup is designed with a Pollock valve which returns the fuel to the correct tank. Fuel system has a pre-and post-pump filter to prevent carburetor clogging. Dual cooling fans with manual override activation switch. Custom-formed Silver ceramic-coated "bundle of snakes" header exhaust system, with the optional insulated SS [stainless steel] heat shield located on the inside of the rear clamshell.
The Gear train: McLeod clutch equipped with a rugged RBT/ZF 5-speed polished transaxle with rod shifter linkage modifications.
Rolling stock: 15" magnesium halibrand wine glass style from the UK pin-drive knockoff wheels fitted with Goodyear Bluestreaks
Suspension, braking particulars: Independent double trailing and transverse links and inverted A-frame wishbones rear, offset A-frame wishbones and front/rear Wilwood brakes. Full in dependent adjustable front & rear coil-over suspension with H&R springs and Spax shocks.
In the cockpit: Period correct SW gauges: black suede upholstery, quick-release suede steering wheel and Gt40 leather wheel with traditional FORD center hub:
It has black willans harnesses for both driver & passenger. Internal Fire Suppress system with cabin and engine nozzles. Also, High-capacity air conditioning. Lucas old new stock rear double lights, cibie from headlights, slotted rear plexi.
It is fitted with adjustable-pedals foot box.
Other particulars: dual Raydyot style racing mirror, and Lucas 608, and front sway bar and extended rear sway bar links. Twin impact resistant 8-gallon fuel tanks are located in aluminum cradles filled with ant slosh/anti-flame propagating foam. No carpet. Side air scoops on driver and passenger window. This ERA is very well sorted out (~1500 miles) and fully prepared for your motoring adventures; engine is new, it's in great condition. $180,000 firm. I will take more pics when I can get car outside.

Attachments

• blu gt40 3.jpeg
    blu gt40 3.jpeg
    605 KB · Views: 31
  • blu gt40 4.jpeg
    blu gt40 4.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 31
  • blu gt40 5.jpeg
    blu gt40 5.jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 30
  • gt40 clean 3.jpeg
    gt40 clean 3.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 34
  • gt40 weber screens.jpeg
    gt40 weber screens.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 39
  • gt40 intrior.jpeg
    gt40 intrior.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
I did see that. A guy could spry pipes white and add a wood knob, and stripes for less than $500. My motor is more stout and car is already race sorted.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
It would be interesting to see this on Bring a Trailer and get a feel for what extra $$ Bob's ownership brought to the value, of course Bob's was also limited to 1 of 25 in ERA's in RHD as well. I'd say $170k is a very fair asking price, less than Superformance roller now and IMO a better product. Good luck with the sale!

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
It would be interesting to see this on Bring a Trailer and get a feel for what extra $$ Bob's ownership brought to the value, of course Bob's was also limited to 1 of 25 in ERA's in RHD as well. I'd say $170k is a very fair asking price, less than Superformance roller now and IMO a better product. Good luck with the sale!
I know I could fetch 180k+ on BAT but have to wait three weeks and then they make 5k off buyer. I do also have the nicest RHD GT40 ERA ever made. Thats the only reason why I am selling, and I found another car I want.

Attachments

• Resized_20220427_180832.jpeg
    Resized_20220427_180832.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,759
  • Resized_20220427_180838.jpeg
    Resized_20220427_180838.jpeg
    412.1 KB · Views: 1,739
Really lovely car! When was it built, and how many miles are on it (I couldn't tell whether it had a total of 435 miles on it or you had put 435 miles on it since it was sorted out by Olthoff)?

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Really lovely car! When was it built, and how many miles are on it (I couldn't tell whether it had a total of 435 miles on it or you had put 435 miles on it since it was sorted out by Olthoff)?

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Same question I had as well. Total mileage is 1,217.

Attachments

• 20220718_211433.jpg
    20220718_211433.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 1,583
I didn't realize edlebrock had a rpm performer manifold for weber's....

Beautiful car.

Last edited:
I know I could fetch 180k+ on BAT but have to wait three weeks and then they make 5k off buyer. I do also have the nicest RHD GT40 ERA ever made. Thats the only reason why I am selling, and I found another car I want.

Curious what make that car is you just posted? Looks like a steel spider based on the spot welds around the peripheral.

Back