Superformance

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Since we've lost the dedicated section of the forum for Superformance owners on the forum site, I thought that Superformance might up their game in terms of the quality of their owners site (https://superformance.org/scof/).

I have to say that the Superformance site is still horrible. Their last post on the "current news" section of the site is from 2017. There is literally nothing of value on their owners website. The design of the site is visually irritating. Superformance owners have invested millions of dollars on their GT40s. I truly enjoy my Superformance GT40 and have put 16,000 miles on my car since 2008. But without the local support of Paul Whitlock, Dennis Olthoff and Holman Moody here in Charlotte, there is no way I could maintain the car. Rick at Time Machine Motorsports in New York has also been a great supporter of the forum site. However, Superformance does nothing to support their owners. Particularly for someone like me who loves these cars but is not a mechanic by trade.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Dave,

The SCOF site is an independent effort that is not a "Superformance" product. SPF is only minimally involved/connected with it.

If I was to provide a website for SPF owners to share tech details, tricks, etc. would there be support to populate it? This would be a no cost to use site with both public access to it and also a secured, "owners only" area where some things that need not be public can be discussed i.e. things such as damage repair so that an owners car will not be publicly branded as "wrecked" thus reducing resale value.

Please let me if you are an SPF GT40 owner and if you would participate in such a forum. rick(AT)timemachinesauto.com

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have had a few people contact me regarding this. I have our web guy working on concept. As I indicated this will be supported by us, there will be no cost for use. There may be limited advertising but it would be relevant to our cars and there will be no Google or Facebook adverts following you because you visited the site and no personal information will be shared/sold or used in any manner not directly connected to the private part of the forum.

Does anyone have a file from the GT40 Wiki that existed previously? I know Steve Cioffi and some others were involved in populating that site, I had a hard copy but lost it in a hard drive crash a while ago. That information would be the type of tech we could host as well as upgrades, fixes and modifications.

Grady

Supporter
We you know me and my car. I was wondering what happened to their support. Oh I just got my last 'Car and Driver' yesterday. What a suprise to see after 61 years they call it a day. I'm in. email to follow