Swirl pot suggestions?

I've searched the net, but haven't come up with much of a selection of fuel swirl pots. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I made mine.

Attachments

• Swirl pot.JPG
    Swirl pot.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 362
Do you really need one? Just don't run below 1/4 tank of fuel, sump the gas tank, and use a proper electric external?

Ben,
A few of us SLC r's did a group buy on the parts needed to make surge tanks.
I completed mine then decided to try a sump, but will keep the surge tank. But I have and extra kit, which includes a 6" X 12" X 1/8" aluminum tube(approx. 1.2gallons), flat bottom and domed top lids, and piece of tube for LP inlet (as in previous pic). No holes are drilled except for the top cap return to fuel tank because everyone's plumbing is different. Just needs to be welded up. It is packed and ready to ship if you or anyone wants it for the cost of materials $65.00+shipping. It may have bungs also but can't remember.

Alex, pics of my sump. Keeping surge tank in case its needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 346
My sump is about .4 gals.
How many fuel tanks have you had made for that car? You must have a nice collection by now.

Unless of course one added in a 3/4gal sumpity sump sump =)

And yes, with my fill neck size I do intend to take forever to fill up the tank :grinf:

tank5.jpg
Nice setup Alex, however, I can think of few turns at several tracks where that may prove inadequate though I'm sure blasting down straght roads near the arctic circle it will do just fine.

It looks like you could have just made it a complete in-tank surge tank if you wanted.

Nice setup Alex, however, I can think of few turns at several tracks where that may prove inadequate though I'm sure blasting down straght roads near the arctic circle it will do just fine.

It looks like you could have just made it a complete in-tank surge tank if you wanted.

Simple solution - don't turn :laugh:

The sump area is "shielded", although that was more-over to provide protection to the pickup tube so fuel sloshing around wouldn't cause it to crack and break off, but I'd imagine that would also keep the fuel planted in the sump area in high Gs?

Nice job Wayne! So, the tank you are selling isn't the same as what's in your vehicle?

Fran: I did, but came up blank. I tried it again tonight and found some options. Google must have not been my friend yesterday. Do you have any photos of the one you make?

Thanks Julian. I'm on the hunt

Ben, It is exactly the same, minus the the welding. I will open the shipping tube and post pics.

The one in the pic is mine, but I chose not to install it yet until I see if the sump will supply sufficient fuel flow.

I used this one below. a little small at 1/2 gallon but its worked fine. Will Campbell calculated i'd have 30 seconds before i run dry. i might not make it around TMS's long banked turn. I'll find out in March.

The day i put it in, the fuel starvation stopped. I've ran it at 5 track days now. it doen't even hiccup on the long 180deg corner at the track. Befoer that, it would cut out whenever you got below 1/3 of a tank.

Didn't sound too healthy for the LS cutting off and on during left handers/braking/even accelerating.

It's a little messy becasue i designed it w/o swirl than had to add it. I also included one of Waynes drawings.
CXRacing Universal Aluminum Fuel Surge Tank NISSAN 300ZX MR2 S14 | eBay

Attachments

• swirl2.JPG
    swirl2.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Fuel Plumbing sm.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 285
Wayne: Thanks for taking the time to shoot a photo for me. Looks good, and I'll shoot you a PM when I draw nearer to pulling the trigger on a car. Should be very soon. I just need to nail down the actual build cost and source some parts.

Cam: Thanks for the link. I've seen that pot for sale on Ebay, and it's good to know that someone here approves of them. Do you have a larger file size for Waynes drawing? I can't read it when its enlarged.

Wayne: Thanks for taking the time to shoot a photo for me. Looks good, and I'll shoot you a PM when I draw nearer to pulling the trigger on a car. Should be very soon. I just need to nail down the actual build cost and source some parts.

Cam: Thanks for the link. I've seen that pot for sale on Ebay, and it's good to know that someone here approves of them. Do you have a larger file size for Waynes drawing? I can't read it when its enlarged.

Ben, thats the largest i could get the bmp up on the blog. pm me your emial and i can forward the higher res original....

Back