T70 spider doors

Hi guys
thought these pictures of my 1967 T70 doors might be of interest, the passenger side is almost twice as wide as the drivers i guess they didn't expect to carry many!!
I think some of the earlier cars are different perhaps the thicker door and wider side screen helped aerodynamics.

Attachments

• loladoor.jpg
    loladoor.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 776
  • loladoor1.jpg
    loladoor1.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 764
  • loladoor2.jpg
    loladoor2.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 753
No problem if you need any more or certain details let me know may as well take advantage while it' s apart!!
Cheers
Mark

interesting --- just measured the doors at the bottom on mine (t70 ) 180 on drivers 230 on pass. prob to give room for the gear change ass. steve

Hi Steve
The ones in my picture are 180mm driver side & 370mm passenger which is about the width of the sill.
mark

i'd say the door has been modified to reduce the open cockpit area.
the org. side screens would have been replaced. to. should be back on mine in a couple of weeks ( bloody work interfers )- though im trying to avoid it.
steve.

they are the original doors it is a 67 mk3 shell the eaarlier cars seem to have a thinner passenber door.
Here are some more detailed pics for you Fred if the weather is nice at the weekend i may drag the side panel out & get some better ones

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 527
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 531
  • side4.jpg
    side4.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 510
I believe the RH "deep" door was made to meet FIA or other regulations, it was the "Trunk" which had to be of a specified volume. I was told this and it makes sense to me, but I haven't read it anywhere.

It does seem that the early T-70's had a "normal" door.
David

I believe the RH "deep" door was made to meet FIA or other regulations, it was the "Trunk" which had to be of a specified volume. I was told this and it makes sense to me, but I haven't read it anywhere.

It does seem that the early T-70's had a "normal" door.
David

David, you are talking about the left hand or far side door I think.

Back